Allow me to introduce myself

New to SolydXK? This is the place to say "Hello"
TenOfEleven

Allow me to introduce myself

Postby TenOfEleven » 01 Nov 2017 12:57

Hi guys,

I would like to take this oppertunity to introduce myself; my name is Diego Rodrigues.
Currently living in Hilversum, The Netherlands.
I have been using Linux for about 5 years now and as a true Linux Advocate I convinced a few people in my erea to switch to Linux after Windows XP went EOL. As such I maintain a few of these machines for relatives.

I am so passionate about Linux that I earned my LPIC-1 certificate three weeks ago.
At the moment I am working as a Financial Analyst but I want to switch to becoming a Linux System Administrator.
Distro's I have the most experience with are Debian and Xubuntu.

I am a huge fan of Xfce, I donate every month, and I am a big fan of Debian-based distro's.
In the past I have been rolling with Crunchbang Linux (the original #!), AntiX, Devuan and I installed SolydX on my Grandpa's laptop.
Even tho I have a LPIC-1 certificate, I lack the experience to start working as a System Admin.
So I am mainly here to gain knowledge and experience.

Non Linux passions include Kickboxing, Music (all sorts really) and under the name Ten Of Eleven I produce EDM with Linux and only FOSS https://soundcloud.com/ten_of_eleven
I have been a Street Fighter II player from the very beginning so it goes without saying that I enjoy kicking ass on Street Fighter V nowadays.

Besides Xfce I also support The Pale Moon Project https://www.palemoon.org/
My main go-to web browser.
I hope to be able to interact and to exchange knowledge with you all.

Thanks for having me.

ilu

Re: Allow me to introduce myself

Postby ilu » 01 Nov 2017 21:41

Welcome to our forums and congratulations on your LPIC-1. Although I'm attending a LUG self-taught course I must admit that I lack the impetus to take the exam.

TenOfEleven

Postby TenOfEleven » 01 Nov 2017 22:48

Training for LPIC-1 was fun but hard work.
I took the course in the UK via Firebrand Training.
It was an unforgettable experience.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome :)

kurotsugi

Postby kurotsugi » 02 Nov 2017 00:18

nice! another music geek here :D

TenOfEleven

Postby TenOfEleven » 02 Nov 2017 10:23

It's good to know that you're also into music.
Let me know whenever you want to discuss.

Besides using various music production applications I also listen to almost everything out there.
From Reaggea to Heavy Metal and everything in between.
So we can talk about almost anything when it comes down to music :D

kurotsugi

Postby kurotsugi » 03 Nov 2017 00:30

I still need to learn lot of stuffs in music. in the past I've used stuffs like FLkeys but for a beginner like me it's too complicated...and my weak laptop can't handle the job for music production :lol:

so...now I'm fiddling with LADSPA and figured how to make my audio setup sounds better. btw, I've found a way adding audio effects on top of pulseaudio (viewtopic.php?f=74&t=5725). it's quite a nice thing because it's lot easier than using JACK.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 03 Nov 2017 16:32

Hi Diego, I see you found your way to the forum!
Welcome and I hope you're going to enjoy yourself here.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

TenOfEleven

Postby TenOfEleven » 13 Nov 2017 12:29

Thanks ,
Thanks for the warm welcome and thanks for having me here on the forums.
Much appreciated :)

TenOfEleven

Postby TenOfEleven » 13 Nov 2017 13:35

kurotsugi wrote:I still need to learn lot of stuffs in music. in the past I've used stuffs like FLkeys but for a beginner like me it's too complicated...and my weak laptop can't handle the job for music production :lol:

so...now I'm fiddling with LADSPA and figured how to make my audio setup sounds better. btw, I've found a way adding audio effects on top of pulseaudio (viewtopic.php?f=74&t=5725). it's quite a nice thing because it's lot easier than using JACK.
Nice tutorial!
I am used to using Jack but it refreshing to see other methods being used to get stuff done.

My main weapons of choice are LMMS, Ardour and Audacity combined with the power of LADSPA.
I love the Calf Plugins set and I use the Steve Harris' LADSPA Plugins a lot too.
Recently I have been spending a lot of hours with Sunvox http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/
It's not really opensource but free and cross platform. If you into Old School trackers (Impulse Tracker, Fast Tracker, MODplug Tracker) then Sunvox is worth checking out.

Return to “Introduce yourself”