Longtime user but never registered

New to SolydXK? This is the place to say "Hello"
marshall

Longtime user but never registered

Postby marshall » 01 Nov 2017 15:54

Greeting. Although SolydK has been my primary desktop OS for more than three years I've never registered on the website. Nevertheless I have made a few donations. It's a great distro.

There are a couple of reasons I've never registered. First, I'm not a geek and there's little I can contribute technically to discussions. More important, SolydK just works. There's been no need to ask questions. When problems have arisen their solutions have been readily available in the forums.

Today I have a question that I'll post in the forums so I'm introducing myself here.

Around the turn of the century I read that Microsoft's Steve Ballmer had called Linux "a cancer" and "a communist plot." So, I figured it was worth a try. At this point at home I've used Linux almost exclusively for 15 years.

When I bought my first home computer its OS was CP/M, pre-DOS. Later I learned a bit about the machines by reading three-pound books on WordPerfect, DOS and, eventually, Linux. Now I'm old and retired and not particularly interested in keeping up with the latest developments (although SolydXK has them available, of course).

I still spend a lot of time at my desktop. I appreciate SolydXK. Thanks.

ilu

Re: Longtime user but never registered

Postby ilu » 01 Nov 2017 21:42

Welcome to our forums and thank you for donating!

SolydForEver

Re: Longtime user but never registered

Postby SolydForEver » 04 Nov 2017 08:42

marshall wrote: More important, SolydK just works. There's been no need to ask questions.
And that is the strength of SolydXK: it just works. It makes it the ideal distro for somebody who needs a computer to do stuff without having problems. It makes it less a distro for the computer "freak" who wants to be working on his computer all the time to make it work. It works already.

Welcome to the forum.

Return to “Introduce yourself”