New user from Poland...

New to SolydXK? This is the place to say "Hello"
deanr72

New user from Poland...

Postby deanr72 » 26 Aug 2019 11:24

Hi all.

I'm resident in Poland but was born and bred in London, UK.

My main workhorse distro is Xfce (currently Mint 19.2) but I'm beginning to edge more towards MX Linux due to it's closer proximity to Debian.

I'm constantly playing with new distros but have pretty much decided that Xfce and, to a lesser extent, KDE, are the most easily configurable for my workflow. Of the KDE distros I've looked at I've tried Kubuntu, Neon, Fedora, Manjaro, Mageia and Chakra - and found each of them to be either very buggy and simply unstable.

We all know about how good Debian is, right? So, a few days ago, in my hunt for the perfect KDE, I did a search for 'KDE distros based on Debian' and top of the list was SolydK. Playing with the 'live' iso I was immediately impressed, bought myself another SSD to load it onto (installation and installing nvidia drivers all went as smooth as!) and am really looking forward to using it as my back-up distro / weekend play-thing.

Regards,

D.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: New user from Poland...

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 28 Aug 2019 09:06

Hi deanr72 and welcome to our forum!

I hope you're going to like SolydXK and if you have any questions, please come back here and we'll help you as good as we can.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

eselma

Re: New user from Poland...

Postby eselma » 29 Aug 2019 08:15

Welcome to the forum, deanr72!

During the last five years I have been using SolydK and so far, so well. At first, with nVidia graphic card, and later -new hardware- with AMD/ATI (Radeon). No problems at all.

Hope that your experience be this way or better.

Eduard.

Return to “Introduce yourself”