Gemail Calendar integration (KDE)

Share here your personal tips or creations: desktop, conky, docks, widgets or tweaks are welcomed here!
dirkme

Gemail Calendar integration (KDE)

Postby dirkme » 01 Dec 2016 22:28

Hi SolydXK Friends,

I am new to SolidXK and wonder how to integrate the Gmail Calendar into the System Calendar (visible at the bar with time).

Also, Google Drive integration would be great.

Not sure if that is the right forum though :oops:

Update: That is the same responds I got from the KDE forum :roll: at least KDE should know :oops:

ilu

Re: Gemail Calendar integration (KDE)

Postby ilu » 05 Dec 2016 16:56

Ups, this thread slipped my notice. Moved my answer here.

Under xfce I use thunderbird without any problems with google calendar. I don't know whether kde still uses korganizer, but I've used it for some time with negative experiences. Korganizer lost sync with google calendar one day and did not report the problem but just went on. That lead to data loss. I would not recommend trying that if you want flawless operation.

Forget KDE system integration and use Thunderbird with Lightning. Do as the majority does, it's well documented. More addons are not necessary any more, search for recent instructions on the internet, don't use old ones. Google changed it's api several times over the last 4 years.

There even might be some widget for system integration but I don't know. In xfce I'm getting notifications for emails and events, that's enough integration for me. I don't know which service does that actually. :-) But SolydK should be preconfigured for TB use as well.

dirkme

Re: Gemail Calendar integration (KDE)

Postby dirkme » 29 Dec 2016 18:45

In KDE Plasma 5 is a widget with a beautiful intergration, but just can't get it to work on SolydK KDE 4, but still lovw thw bweauty of SolydK KDE 4.

Return to “Customizations”