Some website CSS tweaks

Contribute your designs to make SolydXK look even better.
Zero Angel

Some website CSS tweaks

Postby Zero Angel » 11 Aug 2014 01:50

A few things about the site kind of bothered me, so I went about tweaking around with the CSS a bit on my local machine. As i'm not a webmaster (nor do I really want to be), I can't apply these tweaks myself, but I am providing them as a suggestion.

Here are some ideas I came up with:

Fix left margins-padding on each post: (if you implement any of my changes at all then PLEASE do this one)

Code: Select all

.content-wrapper,.post-header { margin-left: 10px; } 
A bit of a semi-flexible design. Forum page width can now squished down to a minimum width of 800 pixels rather than being completely locked at 1000 pixels wide (so its a little bit better for smartphones)

#wrapper, #dashboard, #site-navigation { width: auto; max-width: 1000px; min-width: 800px; }
A narrower, more space-saving SolydXK forum banner. Also, image is left-aligned so it doesnt look strange when it gets squished by resizing.

#dashboard { height: 140px; background: url('./styles/we_universal_solydxk/theme/images/dashboard.jpg') no-repeat scroll center left transparent; }
A bit of vertical fat trimmed off of one of the more prominent navigation bars (User CP, New Messages, View your posts)

#site-navigation { height: 32px; }
#site-navigation li a { padding: 10px 10px; }
A slight color tweak to the main text color to make 'pop' a bit more and make it easier to read

body { color: #234; }
.content { color: #234; }
I made some demo files that show all the tweaks applied:
Index, Search (Active Topics), Sample Topic

ScottQuier

Re: Some website CSS tweaks

Postby ScottQuier » 12 Aug 2014 00:32

I like that first one - were it me, I would implement it. I can't say that I see much, if any, difference for the others between your screen shots and my screen rendering of the same pages. But, that might just be me and my lack of acute vision (I'm getting old (er)). :)
Scott
Quoting zerozero, "The usage of PPA's in debian-based
systems is risky at best and entails serious compatibility
problems; usually it's the best way to destroy an install"

Return to “Artwork”