New clothes for the emperor

Contribute your designs to make SolydXK look even better.
Fargo

Re: New clothes for the emperor

Postby Fargo » 26 Jan 2016 18:05

Schoelje wrote: I'm just trying to figure out what is the right moment to implement those changes.
I know you just release a new iso. But when you do all the font and icon changes, I think people will also expect them to be reflected in the official iso downloads. So for that reason I would say you don't have to rush the changes. Maybe release in 3 or 6 months as a quarterly or bi-annual iso update. Unless you wanted to release a new iso right away with the new Debian update.

kurotsugi

Postby kurotsugi » 26 Jan 2016 22:00

I think february or march would be a good option. generally anytime as long as it's less than 6 months would be good too. my main point is that people love to see big changes at one time so. accumulating it with other small changes will make it seems bigger and good for our publication. we also need to put the release schedule between major distro release. debian got released at january, ubuntu is april, while (if I'm not mistaken) fedora is on june. it means that the best time to release new changes in the next six months would be february, march, and may.

I haven't heard about our current schedule yet but having a biannual release on may (or june) and december (as christmas present release. people did love it!) sounds good a good plan. we can use the time between the official release for community release so that we'll have at least four publication throghout the year.

balloon

Postby balloon » 26 Jan 2016 23:45

I am aware that Linux Mint is working to change the artwork in 18 release.
it is the first time the public is it would be in May 2016.
Team members this point should keep in mind.

https://github.com/linuxmint/Roadmap

Return to “Artwork”