Just tinkering

Contribute your designs to make SolydXK look even better.
uberzilla

Just tinkering

Postby uberzilla » 22 Oct 2016 17:16

Not sure if I should put this here - it is not finished - just on breaks from regular work started tinkering with my desktop look. This is fairly rushed and will continue experimenting in various directions as time permits. But one thing I know from working in creative team is that sometimes parts of another persons creative tinkerings can spark an idea in someone else.

Note; because I used 32 bit- which seems incompatible with Conky manager - at least - I can't install it via the terminal. Keeps saying it can't find - I used the Solyd Conky package and have just started tweaking some things - not sure where I want to go with that.

I am waiting for an inspirational visual to mix the Logo and desktop, with the Conky, into some sort of seamless visual .... ways to go.

I really like the official Solyd logos but for my own taste wanted to make it look a tad more aggressive.
Attachments
ScreenshotH32bit.png

Crewp

Re: Just tinkering

Postby Crewp » 22 Oct 2016 22:53

Very nice, keep up the good work.

kurotsugi

Postby kurotsugi » 23 Oct 2016 04:21

I don't know if conky manager exist for debian. I always do conky tweaks manually by hand

uberzilla

Postby uberzilla » 24 Oct 2016 17:20

Hello kurotsugi - when I tested 64 bit I was able to install Conky Manager. I open the Conky code it a text editor. Don't know what the code is but it is simple, but I have not used the terminal to manage Conky.

Thanks Crewp - not happy with any tinkering yet - but will keep at it as i can - which will be a while do to work .... in mean time I did manage to get to this point (not fond of it - too much blue and other stuff):
Attachments
Screenshotj32bit.png

uberzilla

Postby uberzilla » 26 Oct 2016 16:45

On a frustration break from work - I quickly reworked things a bit - went for a dark clean look
Attachments
ScreenshotDark_orange1c.jpg

Return to “Artwork”