Wallpaper for the upcoming Stretch-Testing build

Contribute your designs to make SolydXK look even better.
MCh

Wallpaper for the upcoming Stretch-Testing build

Postby MCh » 11 Feb 2017 03:12

Looking forward, there will soon be XK Stretch test builds, so here's a "blueprint" for the build. :lol:

They are 1920x1200, but will also fit comfortably on FS monitors like mine. (1280x1024)

There are 5 versions for each here: XK Blueprint Gallery

palimmo

Re: Wallpaper for the upcoming Stretch-Testing build

Postby palimmo » 11 Feb 2017 10:16

simple and nice!
Proud user of SolydK!

Dai diamanti non nasce niente, dal letame nascono i fior. http://aquilone.wordpress.com/

xendistar

Postby xendistar » 11 Feb 2017 19:37

Certainly prefer this to the current out the box wallpaper, maybe under the word "SOLYDX" (or SOLYDK) you could added something like "built on Debian" ?

MCh

Postby MCh » 12 Feb 2017 01:08

xendistar wrote:Certainly prefer this to the current out the box wallpaper, maybe under the word "SOLYDX" (or SOLYDK) you could added something like "built on Debian" ?
Good idea! (I should have thought of that. ;) )

There are now 5 versions for each here: XK Blueprint Gallery

xendistar

Postby xendistar » 12 Feb 2017 06:31

Looks better, gives it more without cluttering

SolydForEver

Postby SolydForEver » 12 Feb 2017 11:36

MCh wrote:
xendistar wrote:Certainly prefer this to the current out the box wallpaper, maybe under the word "SOLYDX" (or SOLYDK) you could added something like "built on Debian" ?
Good idea! (I should have thought of that. ;) )

There are now 5 versions for each here: XK Blueprint Gallery
Make sure the text Powered by Debian has the same length as the OS name. Looks neater.

Fargo

Postby Fargo » 13 Feb 2017 16:48

Very nice.

For a production machine, I like your flat wallpapers better that you have in the other thread. But I really like these blueprint wallpapers for the Testing editions. It tells me that its still a beta or under construction. Very cool idea and nicely executed.

Out of curiousity, did you do any of the outline logos without the grid in the back? I'd be curious to see how just the outline logo looks. The outline logo could be very cool for a simple wallpaper or even reduced in size for a start menu icon.

MCh

Postby MCh » 13 Feb 2017 19:23

Fargo wrote:
Out of curiousity, did you do any of the outline logos without the grid in the back?
Hi Fargo. Thank you for your feedback here and on the post for the Flat versions.

Yes, the logos are "loose". The wallpapers are made in layers, so each part is independent. Here they are, scaled down, and I had to add a black background so they would show up on the white background of this forum.

I noticed your sig says "Business Edition". I did make a Business style wallpaper. XK Business Card Style Wallpapers

Fargo

Postby Fargo » 13 Feb 2017 20:43

Hmm, the outlined logos kind of loose something when they are by themselves. I still like the flat version you did better.

I like those 'business card' wallpapers too. You do a good job with all of them.

I should probably update my signiture. If refers to the old 'Business Edition' of SolydXK. If your not familiar with the history of SolydXK, it used to be a rolling release based on Debian Testing, but they also provided a 'Business Edition' that was based on Debian Stable. After a year or two, they decided to base the main release on Debian Stable instead of Testing. So they no longer call it the Business Edition since its the main edition. At that time they also added the enthusiast edition that was based on Debian Testing. So now they have the standard edition based on Stable and they have the Enthusiast Edition that is based on Testing.

MCh

Postby MCh » 13 Feb 2017 22:38

Fargo wrote:If your not familiar with the history of SolydXK, it used to be a rolling release based on Debian Testing, but they also provided a 'Business Edition' that was based on Debian Stable. After a year or two, they decided to base the main release on Debian Stable instead of Testing. So they no longer call it the Business Edition since its the main edition. At that time they also added the enthusiast edition that was based on Debian Testing. So now they have the standard edition based on Stable and they have the Enthusiast Edition that is based on Testing.
Thanks for the info. I remember seeing SolydXK on DW a few years ago listed as "Testing", so I never gave it much attention. Just recently I discovered SolydXK is now Debian Stable. Debian+Stable+Xfce...that's all I need. I've tried the Xfce version from Debian, but it has too many quirks. The SolydXK folks have truly put together a rock-solid distro.

Fargo

Postby Fargo » 14 Feb 2017 03:29

MCh wrote:
Fargo wrote:If your not familiar with the history of SolydXK, it used to be a rolling release based on Debian Testing, but they also provided a 'Business Edition' that was based on Debian Stable. After a year or two, they decided to base the main release on Debian Stable instead of Testing. So they no longer call it the Business Edition since its the main edition. At that time they also added the enthusiast edition that was based on Debian Testing. So now they have the standard edition based on Stable and they have the Enthusiast Edition that is based on Testing.
Thanks for the info. I remember seeing SolydXK on DW a few years ago listed as "Testing", so I never gave it much attention. Just recently I discovered SolydXK is now Debian Stable. Debian+Stable+Xfce...that's all I need. I've tried the Xfce version from Debian, but it has too many quirks. The SolydXK folks have truly put together a rock-solid distro.
Yes, SolydX and SolydK are both very nice. I don't think they get the attention they deserve. I think that is largely due to the limited press that a stable based release distro gets. Nothing new and shiny every 6 months, just solid reliability day in and day out.

By the way, welcome to the forum. I think you will like it here. One of the biggest reason I use SolydXK is because of the great people at the forum. And not to sound too selfish, but I hope you stick around and continue to provide us with your artwork. I like your style.

Return to “Artwork”