SolydXK NEON Animated gif (Just for fun)

Contribute your designs to make SolydXK look even better.
MCh

SolydXK NEON Animated gif (Just for fun)

Postby MCh » 25 Feb 2017 22:16

DELETED

Redraw

Re: SolydX NEON Animated gif (Just for fun)

Postby Redraw » 10 Mar 2017 11:22

Hello MCh

Just the sort of thing Solyd Needs
I Like It , it's a very well done piece , eye catching ,any chance one day we could see a SolydK in addition to SolydX ? , How would one go about changing the colours of the display or having colours changing as it runs , is that do-able ?

MCh

Re: SolydX NEON Animated gif (Just for fun)

Postby MCh » 10 Mar 2017 18:17

DELETED

xendistar

Re: SolydXK NEON Animated gif (Just for fun)

Postby xendistar » 10 Mar 2017 23:05

Is it possible to make a small that you can put in your signature? even if you have to loose the word solydxk?

MCh

Postby MCh » 10 Mar 2017 23:35

xendistar wrote:Is it possible to make a small that you can put in your signature? even if you have to loose the word solydxk?
These two work. I tested them on my settings. The small one is 90x90 and works as avitar, and the other is 200x200 for sig.

Zill

Postby Zill » 11 Mar 2017 12:20

xendistar wrote:Is it possible to make a small that you can put in your signature? even if you have to loose the word solydxk?
Oh please NO!

There is nothing more irritating on forums than blinking GIFs. If these start to pollute SolydXK Forums then I will be leaving... :cry:

xendistar

Postby xendistar » 11 Mar 2017 12:25

Zill wrote:
Oh please NO!

There is nothing more irritating on forums than blinking GIFs. If these start to pollute SolydXK Forums then I will be leaving... :cry:
Killjoy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Does that mean you will leave because of my smiley now :roll:

xendistar

Postby xendistar » 11 Mar 2017 12:27

MCh wrote:
These two work. I tested them on my settings. The small one is 90x90 and works as avitar, and the other is 200x200 for sig.

Very nice MCH, I must admit (but don't tell Zill) I was not looking at adding it to the my signature on here, no point preaching to the converted is there??

Zill

Postby Zill » 11 Mar 2017 12:38

I did wonder if the irony of my "sad" blinking emoticon would be noticed... ;-)

I can tolerate a (very) small blinking emoticon but still prefer those that are static. As far as other forum "street furniture" is concerned (such as avatars and signatures), I do find blinking versions of these extremely distracting on other forums and so don't want to see them here.

However, with our linux freedoms we all can post and read whatever we want and so, if it really does get too irritating for me then I will certainly up-sticks and leave.

This is one of the great advantages of being a grumpy old git! :evil:

xendistar

Postby xendistar » 11 Mar 2017 12:51

I am a grumpy old git in training (the wife would argue otherwise), but yes I know what you mean some flashing\blinking icon\avatar can be annoying, I find some worse than others but that maybe just my grumpiness in training.

SolydForEver

Postby SolydForEver » 11 Mar 2017 12:55

[youtube][/youtube]
MCh wrote:

Thank you MCH, I use one now. Of course the one from my favorite.

Zill

Postby Zill » 11 Mar 2017 13:02

Well, that didn't take long for the first annoying blinking avatar to appear!!!

I'll pack my bags...

palimmo

Postby palimmo » 11 Mar 2017 15:54

great artwork! ;)
Proud user of SolydK!

Dai diamanti non nasce niente, dal letame nascono i fior. http://aquilone.wordpress.com/

ilu

Postby ilu » 11 Mar 2017 19:06

I agree with Zill. I have no problem with blinking stuff for fun in this thread - I don't see it anyway, probably because uBlock/uMatrix block the whole site it's stored on.
But since the avatars are hosted on this forum I can't block them. The only way would be to block all images from this site. I can and will do that. In that case, if somebody with a problem posts a screenshot, I would not see it. That would be bad but unavoidable.

Solyd4ever, please consider changing your avatar back to something static.

Zill

Postby Zill » 11 Mar 2017 23:05

ilu: Some forums have a facility for the admin to disable animated GIFs but I am not sure if phpBB has this feature.

However, one workaround would be to only allow avatars smaller than, say 10kB. This would, effectively, stop these annoying blinking avatars. :-)

MCh

Postby MCh » 12 Mar 2017 01:13

THERE YA GO! PROBLEM SOLVED.

SolydForEver

Postby SolydForEver » 12 Mar 2017 06:59

MCh wrote:THERE YA GO! PROBLEM SOLVED.
Too late :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap:

Zill

Postby Zill » 12 Mar 2017 12:00

Thanks MCh. Unfortunately, once you have posted something on the web, it is out there for ever.

Regrettably, SolydForEver seems to want to make SolydXK forums so annoying that no one will want to help out!

Redraw

Postby Redraw » 13 Mar 2017 02:21

Hold On Please
All I asked was if and only if it could be done in SolydK and colours changeable , I was thinking of using it as a wallpaper and wanted to know if that was possible to use as a wallpaper , , not for the Solydk forum to become a glitter strip of trashy colours from avatars , sorry if I stirred up some angst , so take a deep breath and be cool . Please . Wallpaper people wallpaper thank you . What happened to the quiet forum , Bees must have flown , um that's a joke ok . wallpaper ? anyone else for wallpaper .

Zill

Postby Zill » 15 Mar 2017 13:01

SolydForEver wrote:
MCh wrote:THERE YA GO! PROBLEM SOLVED.
Too late :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap:
As SolydForEver insists on having an annoying blinking avatar, I have now added "SolydForEver" as a "Foe" to my SolydXK Forums User Control Panel...
Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.
Result... No more annoying blinking avatars from this user. All I now see is "SolydForEver, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post." :-)

p.s. The downside is that, unfortunately, I will now be unable to assist SolydForEver with any future problems he may raise.

Return to “Artwork”