New ISOs in ce/testing

SolydXK is too quiet for you? SolydXK Enthusiast Editions, based on Debian Testing is for you! Here you can find news about Debian Testing and Unstable too, and also tests on SolydXK programs.
The support for SolydXK EE is provided by the community.
grizzler

New ISOs in ce/testing

Postby grizzler » 20 Jun 2015 13:52

Later this afternoon new 32-bit ISOs (stable edition) should show up here: http://downloads.solydxk.nl/ce/testing/

New EE ISOs will (probably) be uploaded some time during the next 24 hours.

None of these have been tested at all! I'm going to leave that to the community.
Frank

SolydX EE 64 - tracking Debian Testing

grizzler

Re: New ISOs in ce/testing

Postby grizzler » 26 Jun 2015 17:11

New set on the way. Totally untested again.
Frank

grizzler

Postby grizzler » 08 Jul 2015 20:22

A new set is currently being uploaded and could be available in a couple of hours. However, if the transfer speed drops to beyond ridiculous again, it could also take until halfway tomorrow afternoon... :roll:
Frank

grizzler

Postby grizzler » 27 Aug 2015 19:29

New 32-bit stable ISOs and both SolydX EE ISOs should be available later this evening.

I had another go at the SolydK EE ISOs today (stupid idea, I know...) and lost plasma-desktop, kde-config-touchpad and the breeze meta package (all KDE5) because of a chain of dependency issues, which I haven't fully investigated yet. The main problem appears to be some new packages that conflict with slightly older versions of installed packages (all in the range 5.3.2-2 to 5.3.2-4).

That's it for the SolydK EE ISOs, as far as I'm concerned. I'm putting this mess on hold for a couple of months.
Frank

MAYBL8

Postby MAYBL8 » 27 Aug 2015 20:36

Grizzler,
I would say you could still release the KDE EE Iso and put KDE4 on it and put all the KDE5 on hold but that might get out of hand to deal with.
Thanks for your effort
Dan

grizzler

Postby grizzler » 27 Aug 2015 21:10

Yes, I briefly considered doing that, but I figured it could get unmanageable very quickly. Holding a couple of packages to block things seems simple enough, but you would have to have a pretty good understanding of how things interact. Before you know it, some apparently insignificant package slips through and starts causing issues a couple of upgrades later.
Frank

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 28 Aug 2015 07:02

What I've learned with the Update Packs is that holding back packages will cause problems later on and you'll loose a lot of time by providing support leaving nothing but confusion and frustration with the users. We often had to solve these kind of issues by either using experimental packages or building them from source (often manually patched) and packaging it in such a way it wouldn't conflict when the package was updated in testing. All very labor intensive.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

grizzler

Postby grizzler » 05 Sep 2015 19:59

Uploading new 32-bit stable ISOs now, because of the release of Debian 8.2.

Should be available here in about an hour. Completely untested - I'm leaving that to the community again.

Anyone willing to test them, please let me know if you think they're good enough to replace the ones on the Community Editions download page.
Frank

grizzler

Postby grizzler » 28 Nov 2015 16:21

Uploading new SolydK 32, SolydX 32, SolydX EE 32 and SolydX EE 64 ISOs now. Untested, as usual. As the upload speed seems to be holding at around 1.5MB/s, I would expect them to show up here in about 40 minutes (the last one could be delayed by an hour).

A new SolydK EE 32 and SolydK EE 64 ISO should be available later this weekend, however these two must be considered no better than 'alpha'. Do not use them for anything serious (but please do try them...). More details will be provided in the 'Community ISO maintenance and build issues' thread.

All EE ISOs currently still have the default Welcome screens, which means the bit about LibreOffice makes no sense.
Frank

palimmo

Postby palimmo » 05 Dec 2015 06:37

I've tried quickly SolydK64EE.
It works great.
Slow boot (in particular after the login) but then I had successfully played videos & audio tracks on VLC, opened a pdf.
Wifi card perfectly recognized out of the box.
Default theme could be better, but it looks ok.

Just two notes:
- it would be very nice to have the touchpad left click ("tapping with one finger") working by default (like in many other distros).
- super-key as default keyboard shortcut for the kickoff menu would be the most intuitive choice.
Proud user of SolydK!

Dai diamanti non nasce niente, dal letame nascono i fior. http://aquilone.wordpress.com/

grizzler

Postby grizzler » 22 Dec 2015 17:28

New ISOs have been uploaded. The main 32-bit and SolydK EE ones can already be downloaded here, the SolydX EE ones should be available there in a little over half an hour. They're all untested.

@palimmo,
I seem to have missed your posting of 5 December. Sorry about that. I'll see what can be done about the touchpad and shortcut issues.
Frank

grizzler

Postby grizzler » 23 Dec 2015 14:38

People are advised not to use the 22 December ISOs, because of a problem with the live installer. This problem has been fixed and new ISOs will be uploaded as soon as possible (updating the build structures now).
Frank

belze

Postby belze » 23 Dec 2015 18:08

localizing the latest solydk-ee edition (64bit) i saw that firefox got removed and firefox-esr was installed using constructor. I wonder why.
-------

grizzler

Postby grizzler » 23 Dec 2015 18:33

Curious. I don't use the constructor to build ISOs myself, so I wouldn't know why that happens offhand.

Edit
By the way, you do realise I've only just started uploading the latest ISOs, don't you?
Frank

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 23 Dec 2015 18:49

@belze
Only the official ISOs (SolydX64 and SolydK64) are localized. There is nothing against localizing the EEs but maybe that's a bit too much effort.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

belze

Postby belze » 23 Dec 2015 19:15

Schoelje wrote:@belze
Only the official ISOs (SolydX64 and SolydK64) are localized. There is nothing against localizing the EEs but maybe that's a bit too much effort.
Localizing ees is just for my convenience, and i'd like to share my efforts as well
-------

grizzler

Postby grizzler » 23 Dec 2015 19:56

Looks like the upload batch is done. All 6 ISOs should be available in a couple of minutes.
Frank

grizzler

Postby grizzler » 24 Dec 2015 16:36

Rebuilt and reuploaded the 32-bit main ISOs with shared-mime-info 1.5-2 (and Thunderbird 38.5.0).

Should be available in about 25 minutes.
Frank

grizzler

Postby grizzler » 29 Dec 2015 20:06

New set of ISOs available at http://downloads.solydxk.nl/ce/testing/
Frank

belze

Postby belze » 29 Dec 2015 20:46

grizzler wrote:New set of ISOs available at http://downloads.solydxk.nl/ce/testing/
Amazing work
-------

Return to “Testing zone”