Samba update error

SolydXK is too quiet for you? SolydXK Enthusiast Editions, based on Debian Testing is for you! Here you can find news about Debian Testing and Unstable too, and also tests on SolydXK programs.
The support for SolydXK EE is provided by the community.
xendistar

Samba update error

Postby xendistar » 07 Nov 2016 07:20

I did an update this morning and got the following error

Code: Select all

Setting up samba (2:4.4.7+dfsg-1) ...
Failed to preset unit: Unit file /etc/systemd/system/samba-ad-dc.service is masked.
/usr/bin/deb-systemd-helper: error: systemctl preset failed on samba-ad-dc.service: No such file or directory
I did have a quick Google but could not see any thing relating Debian, although there was a Unbuntu Bug report for the same (at least I think it was the same). I don't use Samba so I cant comment of any affects

grizzler

Re: Samba update error

Postby grizzler » 07 Nov 2016 10:28

Yup. You reported this a couple of weeks ago: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=6604

It'll probably keep coming up on every samba related update until someone finds the time to do something about it.

Edit
Actually, this bug thread seems to suggest this is a warning that will continue to come up indefinitely...
Frank

SolydX EE 64 - tracking Debian Testing

kurotsugi

Re: Samba update error

Postby kurotsugi » 07 Nov 2016 11:14

it reminds me...samba hate systemd so much that once a while samba shows error message. or perhaps the package maintainer did :lol:

aside from the error message, samba usually still working. at least, I see no one reported samba is broken yet. I don't know why did they change how samba works. samba was using sysvinit, aside from a minor glitch which causing a slight delay on boot time, everything was fine. perhaps they want to fix the issue between systemd and samba but I can't be sure.

Return to “Testing Zone”