[Solved] python-openssl bug

SolydXK is too quiet for you? SolydXK Enthusiast Editions, based on Debian Testing is for you! Here you can find news about Debian Testing and Unstable too, and also tests on SolydXK programs.
The support for SolydXK EE is provided by the community.
IcePee

Postby IcePee » 07 Feb 2017 21:39

Hello,

has anyone else have had an issue similar to:

Code: Select all

# pip freeze
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pip", line 9, in <module>
    from pip import main
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/__init__.py", line 21, in <module>
    from pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.exceptions import DependencyWarning
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/_vendor/__init__.py", line 64, in <module>
    vendored("cachecontrol")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/_vendor/__init__.py", line 36, in vendored
    __import__(modulename, globals(), locals(), level=0)
  File "/usr/share/python-wheels/CacheControl-0.11.7-py2.py3-none-any.whl/cachecontrol/__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "/usr/share/python-wheels/CacheControl-0.11.7-py2.py3-none-any.whl/cachecontrol/wrapper.py", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/share/python-wheels/CacheControl-0.11.7-py2.py3-none-any.whl/cachecontrol/adapter.py", line 4, in <module>
  File "/usr/share/python-wheels/requests-2.12.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl/requests/__init__.py", line 52, in <module>
  File "/usr/share/python-wheels/requests-2.12.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl/requests/packages/__init__.py", line 59, in <module>
  File "/usr/share/python-wheels/requests-2.12.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl/requests/packages/__init__.py", line 32, in vendored
  File "/usr/share/python-wheels/urllib3-1.19.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py", line 47, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from OpenSSL import rand, crypto, SSL
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/OpenSSL/SSL.py", line 118, in <module>
    SSL_ST_INIT = _lib.SSL_ST_INIT
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'SSL_ST_INIT'
Every time Python attempts to us PyOpenSSL I get this error. It affects everything.

This is where I am, currently:

Code: Select all

aptitude show python-openssl
Package: python-openssl                  
Version: 16.2.0-1
New: yes
State: installed
Automatically installed: yes
Priority: optional
Section: python
Maintainer: Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Uncompressed Size: 203 k
Depends: python-cryptography (>= 1.3.4), python-six (>= 1.5.2), python:any (< 2.8), python:any (>= 2.7.5-5~)
Suggests: python-openssl-doc, python-openssl-dbg
Description: Python 2 wrapper around the OpenSSL library

Homepage: https://github.com/pyca/pyopenssl
Tags: devel::lang:python, implemented-in::c, implemented-in::python, protocol::ssl, role::shared-lib

Zill

Re: python-openssl bug

Postby Zill » 07 Feb 2017 23:00

python-openssl version 16.2.0-1 is part of stretch. I suggest this thread should be moved to the SolydXK EE "Testing zone" as this is a more appropriate home for problems related to Debian testing software.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 08 Feb 2017 06:25

Moved to Testing Zone.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

IcePee

Postby IcePee » 11 Feb 2017 11:53

Solved it. It turns out that when I pulled down the latest updates the new version of the python-openssl package didn't properly remove the files that came before. All I did was uninstall the python-openssl package, then purged, then I removed /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/OpenSSL/ directory from /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ . Once done, I then reinstalled python-openssl. This seems to have fixed it.

Zill

Postby Zill » 11 Feb 2017 12:03

I'm pleased you got this working. :-)

Thanks for marking your last post as solved but would you also please mark the thread as solved to help any other users with a similar query. You need to edit your first post in this thread and add the prefix [Solved] to the title. Only the OP (Original Poster) can do this.

Return to “Testing Zone”