Firefox update issue

SolydXK is too quiet for you? SolydXK Enthusiast Editions, based on Debian Testing is for you! Here you can find news about Debian Testing and Unstable too, and also tests on SolydXK programs.
The support for SolydXK EE is provided by the community.
xendistar

Firefox update issue

Postby xendistar » 18 Mar 2017 18:01

Since yesterday I have been getting this Firefox update error warning box, telling me there is a security update but I don't have permission to install it. The warning message looks like the default Firefox warning you get when you Install Firefox yourself. If I look under Edit >> Preferences >> Advanced >> Updates the Automatic Update Radio button is marked for auto updates. I seem to remember that this option used to be greyed out??

My Firefox version is 52 and was installed from the SolydX\Debian EE repo's

ilu

Re: Firefox update issue

Postby ilu » 01 Apr 2017 21:25

Yes, I've been having this error too recently, at least on some machines. The fix is obvious and easy but I'm wondering why that happened?

xendistar

Postby xendistar » 03 Apr 2017 06:35

Mine stopped appearing then I had one again Friday night. Not had one since. When I post I was getting two or three a day appearing

ilu

Postby ilu » 04 Apr 2017 01:14

You should manually check "no updates" and the notifications will stop - which is correct because Debian handles that.

xendistar

Postby xendistar » 04 Apr 2017 21:08

But as per my first post, that option used to be greyed out?

Return to “Testing zone”