Thunderbird 52.5.2 Changes?

SolydXK is too quiet for you? SolydXK Enthusiast Editions, based on Debian Testing is for you! Here you can find news about Debian Testing and Unstable too, and also tests on SolydXK programs.
The support for SolydXK EE is provided by the community.
troypulk

Thunderbird 52.5.2 Changes?

Postby troypulk » 27 Jan 2018 22:12

I'm using SolydX EE 64bit with the latest updates.

I'm having 2 issues with this version of Thunderbird.

1. I leave it running all the time and after restarting or turning off the computer Thunderbird use to restart as well but lately it hasn't I have to restart it manually every time I turn on the computer.

2. Thunderbird has stopped opening links in my web browser, even after right clicking the link and choosing "open link in browser"

I checked my settings and they appear to not have changed.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: Thunderbird 52.5.2 Changes?

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 28 Jan 2018 05:59

I don't know how you automatically started Thunderbird on login, but I copied the .desktop file to my autostart directory:

Code: Select all

cp /usr/share/applications/thunderbird.desktop ~/.config/autostart/
Try to set Firefox as your default browser to fix the link issue: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ma ... lt-browser

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

troypulk

Postby troypulk » 28 Jan 2018 18:12

I fixed the Autostart issue just by adding Thunderbird to the "Session and Startup" > "Application Autostart" section that's located in the main menu > settings.

Thunderbird use to open links just fine but not anymore, it should open links no matter what web browser your using buy I did play around with the default browser changing it to my other ones and opening links in other programs that worked just fine.

troypulk

Postby troypulk » 31 Jan 2018 05:39

troypulk

Postby troypulk » 17 Feb 2018 06:06

I've maid some progress in understanding what's going on here.

I purged Thunderbird and all related files then reinstalled with a new profile and Thunderbird now opens web links in the mail client and bamboo.

Thunderbird will only open links in Firefox or Pale Moon even though Vivaldi is set as default.

Another thing I noticed is that every time I click a link in Thunderbird it takes away the default status of the browser being used, a little window comes up asking to make the browser default because it's not the default anymore even after opening and closing several times in a row. this happens with FF and PM.

Some times clicking a link doesn't open it but when I open the browser and click to make it default then the link will open and of course if the browser is already open the link loads just fine.

This is all happening in v52.6

This is a very strange issue and I'm thinking it's because I'm using SolydX EE 64bit.

Return to “Testing zone”