Getting an apt error

SolydXK is too quiet for you? SolydXK Enthusiast Editions, based on Debian Testing is for you! Here you can find news about Debian Testing and Unstable too, and also tests on SolydXK programs.
The support for SolydXK EE is provided by the community.
xendistar

Getting an apt error

Postby xendistar » 23 May 2019 19:04

Running my normal sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade on my SolydX-EE PC resulted in the following errors tonight

Hit:6 https://repository.solydxk.com solydxk-ee InRelease
Use of uninitialized value $value in substitution (s///) at /usr/bin/apt-show-versions line 597, <FILE> line 807076.
Use of uninitialized value $value in substitution (s///) at /usr/bin/apt-show-versions line 598, <FILE> line 807076.

I still allowed me to download and install those packets that were offered for update.

My repo list has not changed in several months and the past few updates have not offered any issues

Anybody else seen this error?

UPDATE

More strangeness, I think my PC has just spat the its proverbial dummy out.

After doing my apt update bit and getting the errors, suddenly neither, Facebook or Google chrome would run and would crash as soon as I opened them.

I tried logging myself out and then back in again, still no joy, so I decided that I would reinstall both programs. Reinstalled Firefox then mistakenly removed Google Chrome, my mistake not watching what I was doing.

Still unable to launch Firefox decided to reboot the PC (only been running for 5 days), got a whole host of errors message, looked like a kernel dump or memory dump and in the end had to push the button on the box.

On reboot it all booted up OK, once logged in was able to start Firefox with no issue and download and install Google Chrome. Both seem to be working OK

Running sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade again does not produce the error message

So I am not really sure what happened

ilu

Re: Getting an apt error

Postby ilu » 24 May 2019 13:54

Had something totally different and equally weird yesterday. Reason was a corrupt filesystem - e2fschck (which regularly runs on boot) fixed it. What does your HDD health check say?

xendistar

Re: Getting an apt error

Postby xendistar » 24 May 2019 19:32

I was planning to run a tests over this weekend, a quick check yesterday suggested there was nothing a miss but I have not had time to run a smart check on the disk and file system checks

Return to “Testing Zone”