SolydX packages

SolydXK is too quiet for you? SolydXK Enthusiast Editions, based on Debian Testing is for you! Here you can find news about Debian Testing and Unstable too, and also tests on SolydXK programs.
The support for SolydXK EE is provided by the community.
grizzler

Re: SolydX packages

Postby grizzler » 12 Aug 2019 06:11

I'm not entirely sure about this lot and I don't have the time to do a thorough check right now. As I mentioned earlier, when you remove transitional packages, you have to be careful. They usually have one or more dependencies which are the packages that replaced them. If those are marked as automatically installed and not dependencies of anything else, you might end up autoremoving too much.
Frank

SolydX EE 64 - tracking Debian Testing

ilu

Postby ilu » 12 Aug 2019 06:24

I checked every removed package separately. I have corrected some packages and re-uploaded the file above.

The one thing I did not check are the 386 libs. I don't really understand why they might be needed on a normal 64bit system. I'm lacking knowledge there. Other distros don't have them. I'd really like to know why there are that many 386 libs - I know about wine and some games but that's not it here.

A warning about aptitude UI I would never use it on a production system. This beast is hard to use and does things in the background which I do not see and thus cannot control. Well, maybe you can, if you know the interface in and out. Even many things I noticed I did not understand. I did all removal with apt and just generated the lists with aptitude.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 12 Aug 2019 15:33

I have created a bash for the cleanup, including Ilu's lists.

I have attached the bash and the log (manually written so there might be some wrong package names in there).

The ISO booted fine and all software seemed to function. I have uploaded the ISO here: https://downloads.solydxk.com/nightly/
Attachments
cleanup-x.tar.gz
(2.73 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Return to “Testing Zone”