[Solved] Sudden Loud Volume (After Recent UP)

Post your bugs here.
just

Re: [Solved] Sudden Loud Volume (After Recent UP)

Postby just » 01 Feb 2014 08:16

thanks for the tip, RavenLX! it worked perfectly. the sound level is ok now.

just
2014-02-01

Deleted User 2764

Postby Deleted User 2764 » 01 Feb 2014 08:29

Wasn't my tip. That came from Orbmiser, actually. I just wrote out the instructions on what I found in links he gave. So we should be thanking him. He saved my system (and ears) too! :)

BigBopper

Postby BigBopper » 04 May 2014 06:28

I've been dealing with this issue for a few weeks now. The solution provided seems to be working. I had just started using SolydK a week or so before the latest UP, a fresh install of iso 201401, and I don't recall if it was an issue prior to the update or if it started after.

At any rate, it seems to be working fine now.

Thanks,
Al

francesco312

Postby francesco312 » 04 May 2014 13:21

I've also been affected by this bug. A different (and IMO more satisfactory) solution is the patch used by opensuse:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view ... h?expand=1
This patch fixes the issue without having to renounce to the flat volume functionality (which I find very useful)
Could you please apply it to the kde packages you ship?

Deleted User 2764

Postby Deleted User 2764 » 04 May 2014 16:21

@francesco312: I second that! Only thing is, I think that KDE has to do the fix, not SolydXK. Maybe you could go to the KDE official forums and let them know or email the developers? I would think though that if OpenSuse already did the patch on their own, maybe Schoelje and Santa can too. But ideally, I think that KDE should be the one to issue a fix. That way other distros won't have the same problem once upgrading KDE.

francesco312

Postby francesco312 » 04 May 2014 17:15

RavenLX wrote:@francesco312: I second that! Only thing is, I think that KDE has to do the fix, not SolydXK. Maybe you could go to the KDE official forums and let them know or email the developers? I would think though that if OpenSuse already did the patch on their own, maybe Schoelje and Santa can too. But ideally, I think that KDE should be the one to issue a fix. That way other distros won't have the same problem once upgrading KDE.
This bug has already been reported to KDE (https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=324975) and that's where I have found the link to this patch. I will reply to that topic to suggest that solution, but I thought that until KDE fixes the bug this patch could be applied here. Then, if they find a better way to deal with the bug, it's enough to remove this patch

Deleted User 2764

Postby Deleted User 2764 » 05 May 2014 18:24

I agree with you on that idea.

Evil-K

Postby Evil-K » 17 May 2014 05:49

Yeah. I knew I needed a fix for this issue when opening a link and suddenly "Lifestalker" from Cattle Decapitation started blasting out. Considering it's 1:45 am here and there are old people in this building, I'd be lucky to come out of this with only a migraine :P.
"Many people are so ungrateful to be alive, but not you... not anymore."
-Jigsaw

"...and I said 'Oatmeal?! Are you crazy?!"
-Pinkamena Diane Pie

Return to “Bug Control”