[Solved] KDE: Usermanagment crashes in system settings

Post your bugs here.
Deleted User 1322

[Solved] KDE: Usermanagment crashes in system settings

Postby Deleted User 1322 » 29 Oct 2014 10:07

Hello everybody

while starting the KDE usermanagement crashes after confirming with the user password.

An information pops up, analogously saying
"usermangement will not provide the interface "KCModule" with key ' userconfig/userconfig.py ' . The factory doesn't support to create such types"

After this annother crash report pops up with less informations about the possible reason for the crash:
"Details: Executable shell: kmshell4 PID:2520 Singal: Segmentation fault (11)" with current date and time of the crash

I searched in the SoldyXK forum and with Google, but to me nothing seems to report a possible way to fix it.

Otherwise this bug seems to be well known. I found a bug report on KDE.org with a possible way:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=226567

But in my system I can't find this file:
/usr/share/pyshared/PyQt4/uic/uiparser.py

According to KDE.org a possible way is to change some informations in this file:
The problem is line 184: bg_name = bg_i18n.string Which needs to read: bg_name = str(bg_i18n) Making this correction allows User Management to launch without error.
What can I do to fix my problem?
Attachments
fehler_anwenderverwaltung_2.png
The second crash report
fehler_anwenderverwaltung_2.png (71.93 KiB) Viewed 1003 times
fehler_anwenderverwaltung.png
The first crash report
fehler_anwenderverwaltung.png (87.3 KiB) Viewed 1003 times

zerozero

Re: KDE: Usermanagment crashes while starting

Postby zerozero » 29 Oct 2014 11:33

i remember that some time ago we moved to Kuser as default user management tool in SolydK because of issues like this.
please install Kuser.
bliss of ignorance

Deleted User 1322

Postby Deleted User 1322 » 29 Oct 2014 12:11

Thanks for the answer zerozero.

I've installed KUSER. It works fine.

[Off Topic]
This bug is known at least since 2010. I'm wondering, why the maintainers of KDE have not done anything since then. Are they well known about the fact, that the bug is comming up in SolydK, too? In my opinion it doesn't carry weight for good when there is a GUI in system settings, which is working or maybe is not working.

Of course, the bug isn't produced within SolydXK, I think. But to a newbie it is worth to create the will to change the OS.
[/Off Topic]

zerozero

Postby zerozero » 30 Oct 2014 01:05

Hubsi_Gberg wrote: [Off Topic]
This bug is known at least since 2010. I'm wondering, why the maintainers of KDE have not done anything since then. Are they well known about the fact, that the bug is comming up in SolydK, too? In my opinion it doesn't carry weight for good when there is a GUI in system settings, which is working or maybe is not working.

Of course, the bug isn't produced within SolydXK, I think. But to a newbie it is worth to create the will to change the OS.
[/Off Topic]
the answer is in comment #1 https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=226567#c1 of the bug report you linked above:
that package was developed and is/was maintained by ubuntu not KDE SC.
bliss of ignorance

Return to “Bug Control”