Installation from Live media error

Post your bugs here.
jdmcc

Installation from Live media error

Postby jdmcc » 03 Sep 2016 04:47

I have downloaded and checked the signature of solydk_8_64_201606.iso and written to both USB key and now to DVD to attempt an installation, and both times, after clicking on the install icon I get this error as the installer opens (the language selection window is showing underneath the error window):

SolydK 8 64-bit Installer

Unexpected error: The installer has failed with the following unexpected error. Please submit a bug report!
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/live-installer-3/main.py", line 77, in module
InstallerWindow(fullscreen=fs)

File "/usr/lib/live-installer-3/gtk_interface.py", line 272, in __init__
partitioning.build_partitions(self)

File "/usr/lib/live-installer-3/partitioning.py", line 78, in build_partitions
partition_setup = PartitionSetup()

File "/usr/lib/live-installer-3/partitioning.py", line 400, in __init__
partitions.append(Partition(partition))

File "/usr/lib/live-installer-3/partitioning.py", line 686, in __init__
}.get(getoutput('ls {}/Windows/servicing/Version'.format(mount_point))[:3], '')

TypeError: unhashable type: 'list'
The language selection windows has selected Thai as the installation language, which is understandable as I am in Thailand, but the installer fails before the window is given focus.

Is there a command-line option available - with switches to select English as the installation language, perhaps?

Regards

John

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: Installation from Live media error

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 03 Sep 2016 08:42

Hi John,

Welcome to our forum and thanks for reporting back.

I suspect you have a Windows install on your system?
If so, the installer wants to check the Windows version in c:\Windows\servicing\Version
In that directory is a sub-directory. Mine is: 6.1.7601.17592 and the first 3 characters (6.1) tells me I run Windows 7.
How does that sub-directory look like on your system?

Anyway, if you want to install the English version, you can try to disconnect from the internet. This will start the installer in the default English language. However, I'd suspect it would crash again on that Windows sub-directory, but I can be wrong.

You can also try to update the installer before you start the installation. I've just uploaded a patched version to our repository.
Open a terminal and run these commands:

Code: Select all

apt update
apt install live-installer-3
live-installer

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

jdmcc

Postby jdmcc » 05 Sep 2016 03:25

Hi Schoelje,

Thanks for your reply. I booted up using the my USB key and followed your commands to update the installer. All went well after that. I now have a fresh installation of SolydK 8 64-bit to explore.

You were right, I do have an installation of Windows on my PC. When I look into the Version folder I have two sub-folders: 10.0.14393.0 which is empty, and 10.0.14393.82 which contains 2 small text files.

I also have an installation of Linux Mint Debian Edition 2 which I have been using for a while now. The reason I am interested in SolydK is that somewhere someone described it as the KDE version of LMDE.

Regards and thanks for your help quick help,

John

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 05 Sep 2016 04:49

I see. The installer gets confused because you have 2 sub-folders there. I'm glad it's working now. Have fun!

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

williamholding

Postby williamholding » 06 Aug 2019 06:38

The hash() is a built-in python method, used to return a unique number . This can be applied to any user-defined object which won’t get changed once initialized. This property is used mainly in dictionary keys .

TypeError: unhashable type: 'list' usually means that you are trying to use a list as an hash argument. This means that when you try to hash an unhashable object it will result an error. For ex. when you use a list as a key in the dictionary , this cannot be done because lists can't be hashed. The standard way to solve this issue is to cast a list to a tuple .

Return to “Bug Control”