chromium-solydxk-adjustments

Post your bugs here.
ilu

chromium-solydxk-adjustments

Postby ilu » 14 Mar 2020 16:48

I had chromium-solydxk-adjustments installed some time ago for testing purposes and uninstalled it again. But the uninstall procedure forgot to remove /etc/chromium/policies/recommended/solydxk_policy.json.

Also "recommended" does not work the way you'd think it does. It's actually enforcing the included settings, which is not good. It means you can't use conferencing webapps. Since conferencing software is needed almost everywhere nowadays (Corona!) chromium-solydxk-adjustments should definitely not block webrtc.

We should educate our users instead: Use chromium for trusted sites only. Use firefox for everything else.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: chromium-solydxk-adjustments

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 15 Mar 2020 10:47

apt should have removed the json file. So, I do not know why that did not get removed.

I could remove

Code: Select all

"AudioCaptureAllowed": false,
from the json file. That should solve conferencing problem.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

ilu

Postby ilu » 15 Mar 2020 16:51

I reinstalled and re-removed - the json file stayed. The master preferences file was changed correctly though.

And yeah, I'd say remove that setting. Otherwise audio problems are too difficult to debug for the user. I know I searched for several hours before I remembered to check whether deinstalling chromium-solydxk-adjustments really removed everything.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 16 Mar 2020 12:34

I updated chromium-solydxk-adjustments, installed it and removed to check if the json file was gone and it was.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Return to “Bug Control”