Replace easyMP3Gain ( now that it's gone )

Post your tutorials and howtos here.
Redraw

Replace easyMP3Gain ( now that it's gone )

Postby Redraw » 19 Jan 2017 12:41

I hope this is the correct place to post this , oops sorry if it ain’t
Some background into what happened
I did have a very large music collection and just like a lot of peoples music , the music levels always needed attention , easyMP3Gain was good for years then I still don’t' why i did such a dumb thing one day in easymp3gain it seemed like a good idea at the time I increased the volume threshold up up and checked the clipping option as well , I was definitely on the wrong side of clever dam .
After that some of the tracks had gaps in them ,sort of da da da da and some tracks had not just seconds here and there they had absolute minutes missing ,
its OK I found the cause (heheheh ME )And more importantly
I found a fresh fix
Get gMusicbowser music player , throw some music in make sure its working properly if not check that you have got the gstreamer plugins necessary heh
Now you got it sorted and all you have to do is , goto settings , then Audio tab , near the bottom of the page , click the "use ReplayGain box ,
click on the ReplayGain button
if you don’t click the Album mode 99% of the music should ( this means that the tracks not the albums ) be at a standard level then
don't change pre-amp and fallback-gain Leave those On Zero
check the hard limiter that will prevent clipping
Leave Show submenu as is checked
close that box
Whenever you add Music to you collection use the Start ReplayGain analysis
It will automatically analyze , AND write the tags needed , adjust the volume as needed
all with push of one button so so so much better and quicker than easyMP3Gain

Time is a moving on and so am I

Redraw

Re: Replace easyMP3Gain ( now that it's gone )

Postby Redraw » 21 Jan 2017 23:58

Now for something I Just remembered a few days after the first post
Although I use gMusicbrowser for the volume normalizing , it is a good music player and enables you to check most if not All details about the music library in a every clear and open way but i found that I tend to use Clementine as the music player of choice as it has gapless playback but you can also change the color of the GUI etc . between the two you get the best of everything .
Let me know if you have any tips for music players , something new is always welcome
I hope these few hints might help some-one with their music collection .

MAYBL8

Postby MAYBL8 » 22 Jan 2017 00:01

Clementine is also one of my choices.
I also use Audacious.

kurotsugi

Postby kurotsugi » 23 Jan 2017 01:44

I use a compressor inside my sound chains. it works similarly with replaygain. it will increase the sound to a limit but will automatically reduce the sound if the limit trespassed. in that way I always got more or less volume for all my music player. I also using parametric equalizer, reverb and several effects.

behrami

Postby behrami » 24 Jan 2017 08:48

Thanks for the value:)

Return to “Tutorials”