UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION] [DONE]

Important informations about SolydXK including releases notes, forum rules and other anouncements
User avatar
Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin
Posts: 9282
Joined: 26 Jan 2013 19:36
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION] [DONE]

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 15 Jan 2014 08:00

[EDIT - 16 Jan 2014]
Johan Grip has been so kind to mirror our repositories.
His server is located in Great Britain.

If you want to switch to this mirror, you can simply select it in the preferences window of the Update Manager, or if you prefer the terminal:

Code: Select all

deb http://solydxk.ogun.org/packages/production/ solydxk main upstream import kdenext
deb http://solydxk.ogun.org/debian/production testing main contrib non-free
deb http://solydxk.ogun.org/debian/production/multimedia testing main non-free
All mirrors have been updated to the latest Update Pack (2014.01.15).
So, those who are using one of our mirrors can now safely upgrade their system.

[ORIGINAL]
Ladies and gentlemen,

Those who haven’t upgraded from the testing repositories, and depending on whether you’re a SolydX or SolydK user you will have between 200MB and 500MB of packages to download.

You might have a slow download if people upgrade at the same time. Try again at a later date or time.
Now that the main site, and forum are running on a separate server, they should be available at all time.

If you encounter any problems, post your findings in this topic.

After the go-live, I'll start building the new iso's.

Below you see the information shown by the "Update Pack Info" button in the Update Manager after the repository synchronization.

Please carefully read the info page below.

[up-info=prd][/up-info]


SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

User avatar
xanatos
Posts: 5
Joined: 15 Jan 2014 08:46
Location: Genoa - Italy

Update Pack UP 2014.01.15 Error

Postby xanatos » 15 Jan 2014 08:55

During the upgrade, you experience the following errors:

Image

the following packages are damaged:

Image

I tried to fix it with Synaptic, but nothing...

The update does not continue

Unfortunately I do not speak very good English, I'm Italian, how can I fix system error. Thanks.

User avatar
Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin
Posts: 9282
Joined: 26 Jan 2013 19:36
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION]

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 15 Jan 2014 09:19

Hi xanatos, and welcome to our forum!

You are very fast: I just released the UP.

I haven't been able to reproduce your issue, but let's see what we can do.

Please, post here the content of /etc/apt/sources.list:

Code: Select all

cat /etc/apt/sources.list
Make sure you don't have a /etc/apt/preferences file:

Code: Select all

sudo mv /etc/apt/preferences /etc/apt/preferences.bak
What does apt return if you only try to install that package?

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libavutil52:i386


SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

User avatar
Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin
Posts: 9282
Joined: 26 Jan 2013 19:36
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION]

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 15 Jan 2014 09:35

Aha, the package is not installed by default, but now I see what you mean:

Code: Select all

dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libavutil52_10%3a2.1.1-dmo2_i386.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite shared '/usr/share/doc/libavutil52/changelog.Debian.gz', which is different from other instances of package libavutil52:i386
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libavutil52_10%3a2.1.1-dmo2_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
You are probably running a 64-bit SolydXK, and also have the 64-bit version installed of the same package: libavutil52:amd64
/usr/share/doc/libavutil52/changelog.Debian.gz is already installed by that version, and can only be overwritten by that package. That's why you get an error.

If you first move the file, you should be able to update:

Code: Select all

sudo mv /usr/share/doc/libavutil52/changelog.Debian.gz /usr/share/doc/libavutil52/changelog.Debian.gz.bak


SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

User avatar
xanatos
Posts: 5
Joined: 15 Jan 2014 08:46
Location: Genoa - Italy

Re: UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION]

Postby xanatos » 15 Jan 2014 09:49

Schoelje wrote:Hi xanatos, and welcome to our forum!

You are very fast: I just released the UP.

I haven't been able to reproduce your issue, but let's see what we can do.

Please, post here the content of /etc/apt/sources.list:

Code: Select all

cat /etc/apt/sources.list
Make sure you don't have a /etc/apt/preferences file:

Code: Select all

sudo mv /etc/apt/preferences /etc/apt/preferences.bak
What does apt return if you only try to install that package?

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libavutil52:i386
the content of /etc/apt/sources.list:

Image

Make sure you don't have a /etc/apt/preferences file:

The result of

Code: Select all

sudo mv /etc/apt/preferences /etc/apt/preferences.bak
is

Image

translation:
unable to stat in etc / apt / preferences - file directory does not exist
When I install sudo apt-get install libavutil52: i386:

Image

translation: The following packages have unmet dependencies - Try " apt-get-f install " without packages Or specify a solution

Yes I use Solydk 64 bit

Thanks ;)

User avatar
Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin
Posts: 9282
Joined: 26 Jan 2013 19:36
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION]

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 15 Jan 2014 10:22

Did you move the file as described in my last post?
You'll probably have to run

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get -f install
afterwards.


SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

User avatar
xanatos
Posts: 5
Joined: 15 Jan 2014 08:46
Location: Genoa - Italy

Re: UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION]

Postby xanatos » 15 Jan 2014 10:22

Schoelje wrote:Aha, the package is not installed by default, but now I see what you mean:

Code: Select all

dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libavutil52_10%3a2.1.1-dmo2_i386.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite shared '/usr/share/doc/libavutil52/changelog.Debian.gz', which is different from other instances of package libavutil52:i386
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libavutil52_10%3a2.1.1-dmo2_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
You are probably running a 64-bit SolydXK, and also have the 64-bit version installed of the same package: libavutil52:amd64
/usr/share/doc/libavutil52/changelog.Debian.gz is already installed by that version, and can only be overwritten by that package. That's why you get an error.

If you first move the file, you should be able to update:

Code: Select all

sudo mv /usr/share/doc/libavutil52/changelog.Debian.gz /usr/share/doc/libavutil52/changelog.Debian.gz.bak
Thanks Schoelje the problem is solved, the update has been completed ;) ;) ;)

User avatar
Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin
Posts: 9282
Joined: 26 Jan 2013 19:36
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION]

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 15 Jan 2014 10:23

Very good!
Now, sit back while it updates...it can take a while.


SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

User avatar
jsvenancio
Posts: 196
Joined: 16 Dec 2013 17:59
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Re: UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION]

Postby jsvenancio » 15 Jan 2014 13:10

Good afternoon.

The few minutes I started my SolydX and sensed that had updates available.
How taste always have the updated software, I started installing the updates and waited. After completing the updates rebooted my PC, I could not restart the SolydX, tried several times including the recovery mode but without Excito. Estremamente I was annoyed with the situation because to be able to come here asking for help had to start by Windows 7. Can help with a solution or do I have to format your PC?
SolydX - 64bts - Debian

Sorry for my bad English, I speak Portuguese and use the Google translator.

User avatar
Night Wing
Posts: 445
Joined: 26 Dec 2013 02:46
Location: Texas, USA

Re: UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION]

Postby Night Wing » 15 Jan 2014 13:26

This is my first update package since I installed SolydX a few days before Christmas. Needless to say, it didn't go well. To make a long story short, during the installation of the downloands, a box pops up and says I lost the signal to the update and of course, the update failed and I got a black colored terminal box which popped up with a lot of technical jargon in it which I didn't understand. Looked similar to the one some other person posted above, but probably wasn't. My initial reaction to this problem was me thinking I was eventually going to have to replace SolydX with Linux Mint 16 on this computer's second hard drive since I have Mint on my second desktop backup computer and Mint has never given me a problem with a Mint update.

At this point, I quickly realized I was in over my head. After I closed out of the Update Manager, I decided to post a message here to try and find some help. Only problem, when I clicked on the Firefox icon, Firefox wouldn't start. It was just "dead in the water".

My first thought was to switch back to the other hard drive in my desktop computer which has Windows 7 on it to get back here. But, at the last moment, I decided to run the Update Manager again. This time, the update worked. I got the Update Manager shield back and since it refreshed, I got the little green colored check mark in the shield. However, now a second Update Manager shield comes up and it was along side the first shield.

At this stage, I got that sinking feeling which always comes with "Murphy's Law" which states ,"If anything can go wrong, it will go wrong". Getting frustrated, I then decided to reboot the system. When SolydX came back up after the reboot, there was only one Update Manager shield and it still had the green colored check mark in it. Hovering over the shield, it said my system was up to date.

I clicked on the Firefox icon and it brought me to my home start page. I took a look at what version Firefox was and it said, Firefox (26.0). As far as I can tell, everything appears to be working. Now, I'm a happy camper again.

Could losing the signal for a moment have caused my problem or was a package or file corrupted in the update (and which was subsequently fixed somehow in the second go round) which caused my problem? I'll take an edcucated guess from anyone if someone replies to this message.

User avatar
Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin
Posts: 9282
Joined: 26 Jan 2013 19:36
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION]

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 15 Jan 2014 13:39

@jsvenancio
Start in recovery mode, login as root, and run:

Code: Select all

nano /etc/apt/sources.list
and make sure, it looks like this:

Code: Select all

deb http://packages.solydxk.com/production/ solydxk main upstream import kdenext
deb http://debian.solydxk.com/production testing main contrib non-free
deb http://debian.solydxk.com/production/multimedia testing main non-free
deb http://debian.solydxk.com/security testing/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://community.solydxk.com/production/ solydxk main
now run:

Code: Select all

dpkg --configure -a
apt-get -f install
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
@Night Wing
For you the same as above, but you don't have to boot into recovery mode.


SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

User avatar
jsvenancio
Posts: 196
Joined: 16 Dec 2013 17:59
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Re: UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION]

Postby jsvenancio » 15 Jan 2014 13:52

Schoelje wrote:@jsvenancio
Start in recovery mode, login as root, and run:
.....

The problem is that when I started in mode reuperação just a black screen and could not do anything.

How am newbie in the Linux world, how do I log into root mode?
SolydX - 64bts - Debian

Sorry for my bad English, I speak Portuguese and use the Google translator.

User avatar
Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin
Posts: 9282
Joined: 26 Jan 2013 19:36
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION]

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 15 Jan 2014 14:05

jsvenancio wrote:
Schoelje wrote:@jsvenancio
Start in recovery mode, login as root, and run:
.....

The problem is that when I started in mode reuperação just a black screen and could not do anything.

How am newbie in the Linux world, how do I log into root mode?
When you boot, you can select recovery mode in Grub:
grub.png
You end up with a terminal screen, where you login with:

Code: Select all

root [ENTER]
your_root_password [ENTER]
and follow my previous post


SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

ajpat3
Posts: 28
Joined: 26 Aug 2013 01:10
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon

Re: UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION]

Postby ajpat3 » 15 Jan 2014 15:28

Thank you, Schoelje. I had the same problems in this thread. Followed your instructions and am up and running again.
solydk64
solydx64

Arthur.

User avatar
PRafael
Posts: 21
Joined: 26 Nov 2013 20:02
Location: São Luis, Maranhão, Brazil

Re: UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION]

Postby PRafael » 15 Jan 2014 15:29

Hi all.

Updated my netbook weith SolidK 32 bit. Everything went well except for two things :?:

1. error gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders - I've seen this in TEST so I check if libgtk2.0-bin was installed and it was. :!:

2. couldn't download libofficecore - after the update I've checked my version of libofficecore and that is correct. :!:

So, I reboot the pc and... the update was a success. :D

Regards

Paulo

EeePC 1011PX - 1Gb RAM - 320Gb HDU - SolidK 32 bit
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image

Fargo
Posts: 896
Joined: 17 Sep 2013 14:40

Re: UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION]

Postby Fargo » 15 Jan 2014 15:44

I just wanted to point out that the information about "The UP Process Explained" appears to refer to the old monthly process. Before the next release (and in the new iso) you may want to rewrite this to reflect how it is now working under the quarterly UP.

User avatar
Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin
Posts: 9282
Joined: 26 Jan 2013 19:36
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION]

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 15 Jan 2014 15:59

Fargo wrote:I just wanted to point out that the information about "The UP Process Explained" appears to refer to the old monthly process. Before the next release (and in the new iso) you may want to rewrite this to reflect how it is now working under the quarterly UP.
Thanks, I've updated the UM info page.


SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

User avatar
jsvenancio
Posts: 196
Joined: 16 Dec 2013 17:59
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Re: UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION]

Postby jsvenancio » 15 Jan 2014 16:26

Schoelje wrote:
jsvenancio wrote:
Schoelje wrote:@jsvenancio
Start in recovery mode, login as root, and run:
.....

The problem is that when I started in mode reuperação just a black screen and could not do anything.

How am newbie in the Linux world, how do I log into root mode?
When you boot, you can select recovery mode in Grub:
grub.png
You end up with a terminal screen, where you login with:

Code: Select all

root [ENTER]
your_root_password [ENTER]
and follow my previous post
I followed the recommendation and apparently went well.
But when you start SolydX, I can no longer log in as jsvenancio, only with root and pasword.
Unfortunately I have to format the PC ... :( :? :cry:
SolydX - 64bts - Debian

Sorry for my bad English, I speak Portuguese and use the Google translator.

User avatar
Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin
Posts: 9282
Joined: 26 Jan 2013 19:36
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION]

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 15 Jan 2014 16:34

jsvenancio wrote:I followed the recommendation and apparently went well.
But when you start SolydX, I can no longer log in as jsvenancio, only with root and pasword.
Unfortunately I have to format the PC ... :( :? :cry:
No, you don't.
After booting into recovery mode, and login as root, you run this command:

Code: Select all

passwd jsvenancio
Just follow the questions.
Also check if you're listed as a user:

Code: Select all

cat /etc/passwd | grep jsvenancio


SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

User avatar
Night Wing
Posts: 445
Joined: 26 Dec 2013 02:46
Location: Texas, USA

Re: UP 2014.01.15 [PRODUCTION]

Postby Night Wing » 15 Jan 2014 16:46

Schoelje,

Thanks for your command prompt help. Everything is running perfect. :) The update even upgraded my Nvidia proprietary driver from 319.72 to (319.76).

Again, thanks for your help. It's much appreciated.


Return to “News & Anouncements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests