Looks like the SolydXK testing branch is updated. Many updates available. I think the updates are ocurring as I update because I have already twice updated the update manager, now to version 2.2.7.
* The update manager system tray icon seemed stuck with the circular double arrow. In hindsight, I might have had another process running, such as Synaptic, and perhaps that causes the update manager to get stuck in that double circular arrow mode.
* The options in the update manager popup menu do not work. Nothing happens. Similarly, nothing happens when I open any of the update manager toolbar buttons. The catch? I was running as root. Seems the update manager is coded to provide limited response and usability when run directly as root rather than through gksu(do)?
* The SolydX boot splash abruptly stops when the system moves into run level 2, reverts to stdout, and stays that way until the DM is loaded.
* The login manager displays the LOCALE in the upper panel bar. I suppose some people want that information and some don't. I recall a remedy to not display that information in the LightDM config file but don't remember at the moment.
* When the login dialog appears, the SolydX logo is half-clipped at the bottom right of my screen. This is on a Thinkpad T400 laptop. Seems the full logo should be viewable.
* Not related to the updates, but the default Xfce mouse double-click interval is way too short. I am an older person and my fingers do not move as fast as rabbits copulating. I recommend a longer interval. I always found 700 ms adequate, even with KDE.
* Not related to the updates, but I have noticed the following problem in LMDE Mate and SolydX. Often when I start an app that requires the root password, the subsequent password dialog loses focus immediately. Of course, I start typing the password but I am not typing in the dialog, which causes unexpected results, depending upon which app actually has the focus. I suspect a GTK issue as this happens in LMDE too.
* Something in the update process keeps triggering the dialogs to install grub. Kind of irritating as my boot loader is controlled from a different distro on a different partition. I don't know of a nice way to stop the dialogs.
* My updating stalled with the rename 0.20.3 package. I had to kill the process and start anew. I recall the update process stalling the first time I installed SolydX. I don't know whether the updating actually completed and the update manager simply stopped updating the screen or whether the updating stalled. After a reboot running apt-get update/upgrade indicates the system is updated but I am wary.
* My mouse acts erractically when I run the update manager in SolydX. A wireless USB mouse. The mouse pointer movements get jerky. Otherwise the mouse pointer responds as expected.
If or when an official Update Pack thread is started, I can copy this post to the appropriate thread.