Activity Widget

Questions specific to the KDE DE go here
Fallenangel66

Activity Widget

Postby Fallenangel66 » 19 Apr 2013 05:43

I have a strange issue with the activity widget.
It does not show the correct icons for the activities; in adding to this, I'm not even allowed to change them. is some library missing or what else? thx for answering

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: Activity Widget

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 19 Apr 2013 08:43

I don't understand what you mean, can't you make some screenshots and post them here?

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Fallenangel66

Postby Fallenangel66 » 19 Apr 2013 09:34

When I press the activity selector on the tray bar, the activity widget shows up but the icons of the various activities are not the same as when I created them, i.e. the photographic activity model should have the icon of Digikam, the media activity should have the icon of a movie ciak and so on. Instead of all of these there is the default marble icon and when I tyr to modify it in the settings menu, where you can change the activity's name and its icon, the icon is greyed (not selectable) so I can't change it. I noticed this issue in other distros also but I thought it would depend on some KDE 4.10's issue, but here we are on 4.8... It's not a major issue but it's a little boring. Do you know something about this?

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 19 Apr 2013 09:55

Tbh, I never use the activity widget (I simply don't get the logic).
I hope someone else knows something about it because I don't have much time to figure it out.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Fallenangel66

Postby Fallenangel66 » 19 Apr 2013 10:17

As I said, it's not a major issue, but thx anyway ;) . I only use activity selection when I watch videos, so I can make settings in the power management for not dimming out or powering off the screen in the meanwhile, so I think it's a better spent time to think about other issues, but as you said, if someone can figure out why this is happening, the better for all. :D

P.S. it could be a problem related to the widget itself and not to plasma environment. in that case, better to let it go, maybe

Return to “KDE specific (SolydK)”