Hello!

New to SolydXK? This is the place to say "Hello"
Hakuchi

Hello!

Postby Hakuchi » 14 May 2015 10:57

Greetings, after going through several distributions, I returned to SolydXK to see if it can fullfill my needs :) The distributions I used before were Salix (also my first distribution) and Slackware. I have used SolydK before but not for a long time. I also used Calculate Linux for a while. The biggest issue I had was LibreOffice Calc (4,1?) used to be a pain to work with and would be stuck in an endless calculations or effectively freezing.

On a personal note, my name is Bart and I am 29 years old and live in the south of the Netherlands. Favourite hobbies are cycling and running or listening metal (Melechesh, Insomnium, Moonsorrow mostly right now). I am trying to transition to software engineering as well as system administration (and security). But that is an after-work project, currently there's lacking a sense of direction.

Looking forward to using SolydK!

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: Hello!

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 14 May 2015 11:15

I see you made it here.
Welcome to our forum and I hope you're going to enjoy your stay here.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

timber

Postby timber » 15 May 2015 03:14

Hi, Welcome to the forum,

SolydXK is easy to like ... I check out other distros from time to time but always come back to enjoying the Solyd/ Stable nature of this distro. "It just works" ... pretty much says it all.

Dave
(aka timber)
timber

Samsung R580-M430 @ 2.27GHz - 8 GB RAM
Geforce 310M w/ nvidia-driver
SolydX/SolydM - Kernel 3.14-2-amd64 - Update Pack: 2014.07.15
SolydK - Kernel 3.14-2-amd64 - Update Pack: 2014.07.15
SolydKBE - Kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64 - LTS Update Pack: 2014.07.15

ane champenois

Postby ane champenois » 19 May 2015 21:12

Hello Hackuchi/Bart,
Welcome to the SolydXK forum!
I hope you're enjoy your trip on Solyd Airways ;)
They did not know it was impossible so they did it.

Hakuchi

Postby Hakuchi » 22 May 2015 20:23

Thanks guys/ladies. I forgot to mention last time I was using SolydXK, but after the switch to the stable branch of Debian I abandoned it. This some minor problems with LibreOffice Calc which I mentioned already. The rest of the time the easy package management stood out for me as well as the clean&crisp install, which is found in very little distributions. And the easy installer. Thanks for the warm welcome, I will be enjoying SolydK 64-bit hopefully for the coming while :) Although I am a distrohopper by nature... ;)

Return to “Introduce yourself”