[SOLVED] SMTube

Questions about software.
jlschwartz

[SOLVED] SMTube

Postby jlschwartz » 10 Mar 2017 14:28

Is there a way to use SMTube with Solydx? I have installed the version in the repos and it says it cannot connect to the youtube server. I'd appreciate any ideas. I did try to install the one in Debian backports but it does not work either. Thanks. Jeff

Zill

Re: SMTube

Postby Zill » 10 Mar 2017 15:47

Have you read "The Official SMPlayer Blog"? This blog advises:
Due to changes in YouTube, the old SMTube doesn’t work anymore. A new version has been developed, written from scratch. You can download it from http://smtube.sourceforge.net
The latest Debian version available is 15.5.10 and so it is possible that version 17.1.0 (as linked to in the above blog) will work properly. From this link you can either "Add repository and install manually" or "Grab binary packages directly" and install with Gdebi. Just make sure you select the "Packages for Debian 8.0" option.

Note that, while this process may install SMTube without any problems, this cannot be guaranteed as smtube version 17.1.0 is not in the Debian repos and therefore is not officially supported. Install at your own risk and remember that if you break anything you get to keep the pieces! ;-)

jlschwartz

Postby jlschwartz » 10 Mar 2017 16:34

Yes. I have been on the official blog and tried everything including installing the latest version. This is not easy to do with solydx as you know. Having said that, I have not been able to get any of the versions to work so far.

jlschwartz

Postby jlschwartz » 10 Mar 2017 16:46

Well I removed smplayer, installed the latest SMTube, and setup vlc player to work instead of smplayer and everything works. Who knew? So far so good.

Zill

Re: [SOLVED] SMTube

Postby Zill » 10 Mar 2017 17:11

I'm pleased you got SMTube working and thanks for marking the thread as "Solved". :-)

Return to “Software”