Errors in installing external program

Questions about software.
SolydForEver

Errors in installing external program

Postby SolydForEver » 16 Sep 2017 07:48

Hi all,

I have installed the CEWE photo-album software (https://www.cewe.nl/bestelsoftware.html) but can't start it.
I receive these errors:
./CEWE\ Fotoservice
D (2017-09-16T09:16:53.712) [void CWLogMessageHandler::writeLogHeader() 245] ==> Compiled: Jun 22 2017 23:53:40 <==
D (2017-09-16T09:16:53.830) [void CWLogMessageHandler::writeLogHeader() 251] ==> Application path: "/home/jan/CEWE Fotoservice/CEWE Fotoservice" <==
D (2017-09-16T09:16:53.830) [void CWLogMessageHandler::writeLogHeader() 252] ==> Resource path: "/home/jan/CEWE Fotoservice/CEWE Fotoservice/Resources" <==
D (2017-09-16T09:16:53.830) [void CWLogMessageHandler::writeLogHeader() 253] ==> Plugins Path:
"/home/jan/CEWE Fotoservice/CEWE Fotoservice" <==
D (2017-09-16T09:16:53.830) [void CWLogMessageHandler::writeLogHeader() 254] ==> CrashLogID: "37350cb9-adf6-45da-b6cd-22416a0c4197" <==
[0916/091654:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale
Qt WebEngine ICU data not found at /home/jan/CEWE Fotoservice/CEWE Fotoservice/resources_qt/resources. Trying parent directory...
Installed Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location /home/jan/CEWE Fotoservice/CEWE Fotoservice/translations/qtwebengine_locales. Trying application directory...
Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location /home/jan/CEWE Fotoservice/CEWE Fotoservice/qtwebengine_locales. Trying fallback directory... Translations MAY NOT not be correct.
Qt WebEngine resources not found at /home/jan/CEWE Fotoservice/CEWE Fotoservice/resources_qt/resources. Trying parent directory...
[0916/091654:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale
libpng error: Read Error
I use SolydK 9 in a VM, want to try everything before I install it on my neighbors laptop. She now uses SolydK 8 with this photo program and wants to keep using it to make holiday albums.
I have sent an e-mail to the CEWE helpdesk in August and received a reply they will send it to their 2nd level support. Since then no news. I just sent a reminder to them to ask about the status.

When reading the error messages do you see something which indicates I need to install something extra to make it work, in other words is it something in Solyd, or is it plainly something in the CEWE software?
I installed it without sudo which installs everything in my homedirectory, installing it with sudo will do the same in /opt. But also then it won't work.

Who can help me with this?

bas_otten

Re: Errors in installing external program

Postby bas_otten » 16 Sep 2017 19:32

As for your question, I installed this software on my main bare-metal system, and guess what: it runs fine and fully functional, although in the terminal I see the same bunch of errors as you do, even a couple more at the end. My system has some more packages installed, but I doubt that is relevant here. Then I installed it in a Live SolydK9 VB: there the program hangs, either at the splash-screen or the program loads but shows up empty and not responding.

Thinking about this, it might have to do with the limited amount of video-memory (128M) available or other limitations in a VB-virtualmachine - but not sure. I would just go and install it none-root on bare-metal: if it would still not work, you can easily remove the dir from your home-directory to be free of it again.

bas_otten

Postby bas_otten » 16 Sep 2017 19:47

^ wrong ;)
I installed the program on my fully configured system running inside the same VB setup as the live system in previous post: program runs fine. So it has not to do with VB, it must be related to installed packages of some sort.. which one(s) that's the (tough) question..

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 16 Sep 2017 20:26

@bas_otten
Could you check which libpng libraries you have installed with:

Code: Select all

apt search libpng | grep ^i
These are mine:

i A libpng-dev - PNG library - development (version 1.6)
i A libpng-tools - PNG library - tools (version 1.6)
i  libpng16-16 - PNG library - runtime (version 1.6)
i  libpng16-16:i386 - PNG library - runtime (version 1.6)

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

SolydForEver

Postby SolydForEver » 16 Sep 2017 20:43

Thanks guys. I will setup another computer tomorrow with SolydK on bare metal to see if it is any different.

bas_otten

Postby bas_otten » 16 Sep 2017 21:55

Schoelje wrote: @bas_otten
Could you check which libpng libraries you have installed
Here it is:

root@bashost:/ #>>> apt search libpng | grep ^i
i  libpng16-16 - PNG library - runtime (version 1.6)
i  libpng16-16:i386 - PNG library - runtime (version 1.6)
@Schoelje, does this application work correctly on your system?

SolydForEver

Postby SolydForEver » 17 Sep 2017 05:50

When I type the code in my VM SolydK I get the exact same output as Bas.
At the moment I am installing the Dutch locale version onto my laptop and will see if the program works or not. It's the exact same laptop as my neighbor has so when it works here it will work there as well.

I just received an error during the installation:
System copy ended abruptly
Your system might not function properly (rsync code 11)

It was during copying: var/lib/dpkg/info/linux-headers-amd64.list

Will try booting and if not restart the installation.
Installation went totally wrong, I still have parts of my previous install (grub for example). No idea what happened here, will do again.

SolydForEver

Postby SolydForEver » 17 Sep 2017 06:43

Well, I now have SolydK installed, no idea what went wrong the first time. This time I did setup the harddisk from scratch with giving it a new partitiontable.

I then installed the CEWE photo-software but:

./CEWE\ Fotoservice 
Incompatible processor. This Qt build requires the following features:
    sse4.1
Aborted. Incompatible processor: missing feature 0x80000 - sse3.
Afgebroken
I looked at their forum and it seems many people complained about this. There will be a new Linux version soon which will solve this problem. Linux users just keep using older hardware since it works great. :lol:
Until then I just have to wait.
Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it.

Return to “Software”