"Get new window decorations" stalls

Questions specific to the KDE DE go here
fvierbergen

"Get new window decorations" stalls

Postby fvierbergen » 07 Jul 2018 18:49

I recently installed SolydK in Virtualbox. Installation went smooth. But when trying to adopt the settings to my own preferences I ran into problems trying to get new window decorations. It stalls at "initializing".
IFor installation I used the solydk_8_64_201701 iso. The install program did update the system (took a very long time to complete) so I suppose I have the newest version now.
Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

bas_otten

Re: "Get new window decorations" stalls

Postby bas_otten » 08 Jul 2018 13:49

I tried to reproduce your problem and fired up my ancient SolydK8 system in VB: correct, I have the same issue!
I am sure I did not have this issue back in the days that SolydK8, based on Debian Jessie, was still current.
I suspect these kinds of additional material are simply no longer available for older Debian versions.

May I ask: why did you start off with the old solydk_8_64_201701, in stead of the solydk_9_64_201801.iso or the recent solydk_9_64_201807.iso, which are based on the current Debian Stretch?
At least, that will solve your problem: additional window decorations are downloadable for SolydK9!

fvierbergen

Re: "Get new window decorations" stalls

Postby fvierbergen » 08 Jul 2018 17:03

Thanks for the reply.
I wanted to save myself some time and bandwidth by installing from a version I already downloaded. Did not realize that development does not stand still and upgrading may not be the best way to go on. Lesson learned here: always install from the most recent version. I will download the latest version.

Return to “KDE specific (SolydK)”