solydxk-system(-adjustments) upgrade problem

Questions about software.
User avatar
Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin
Posts: 9071
Joined: 26 Jan 2013 19:36
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Few months old TECHnical PROBLEM!..

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 08 May 2019 17:25

Now we get back to the last part of the topic I mentioned in my first post: viewtopic.php?p=69296#p69296

Run these commands in terminal (you need your password for this):

Code: Select all

for D in $(dpkg-divert --list solydk-system-adjustments | awk '{print $3}'); do sudo dpkg-divert --remove $D; sudo mv -f "$D.divert" "$D" 2>/dev/null; done
for D in $(dpkg-divert --list solydk-system-adjustments-8 | awk '{print $3}'); do sudo dpkg-divert --remove $D; sudo mv -f "$D.divert" "$D" 2>/dev/null; done
Then purge:

Code: Select all

apt purge solydk-system-adjustments*
And install:

Code: Select all

apt install solydk-system-adjustments-9
Whenever you see errors in the output: do not continue with the next command but post back the error.


SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

User avatar
EliaSXK91
Posts: 21
Joined: 06 May 2019 12:01

Re: Few months old TECHnical PROBLEM!..

Postby EliaSXK91 » 08 May 2019 17:39

Arjen Balfoort wrote:
08 May 2019 17:25
Now we get back to the last part of the topic I mentioned in my first post: viewtopic.php?p=69296#p69296

Run these commands in terminal (you need your password for this):

Code: Select all

for D in $(dpkg-divert --list solydk-system-adjustments | awk '{print $3}'); do sudo dpkg-divert --remove $D; sudo mv -f "$D.divert" "$D" 2>/dev/null; done
for D in $(dpkg-divert --list solydk-system-adjustments-8 | awk '{print $3}'); do sudo dpkg-divert --remove $D; sudo mv -f "$D.divert" "$D" 2>/dev/null; done
Then purge:

Code: Select all

apt purge solydk-system-adjustments*
And install:

Code: Select all

apt install solydk-system-adjustments-9
Whenever you see errors in the output: do not continue with the next command but post back the error.
(I put the 1st 2 commands together
+got to the 2nd command/step to purge..,
but again i got an error in purging,
so i didn't proceed to install... :facepalm:)


Sorry!.. I made a mistake at the 1st step,
so it got stuck!..

But when i repeated the 1st step smoothly,
i got all the way to the end
+now i got "adjustments 9"!..
Here's a part of it!.. (i checked it from Synaptic too!)

Code: Select all

Γίνεται εγκατάσταση apparmor-profiles (2.11.0-3+deb9u2) ...
Γίνεται εγκατάσταση solydk-system-adjustments-9 (3.0.1) ...
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
Generating grub configuration file ...
...
done
Γίνεται εγκατάσταση apparmor-profiles-extra (1.11) ...
Γίνεται εγκατάσταση apparmor-utils (2.11.0-3+deb9u2) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (232-25+deb9u11) ...
Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.130) ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.9.0-9-amd64
elias@solydxk ~ $ 
...+now i'm waiting for the next move!... :clap:
EliaSXK91,
speaking!..

User avatar
Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin
Posts: 9071
Joined: 26 Jan 2013 19:36
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Few months old TECHnical PROBLEM!..

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 08 May 2019 18:31

Just update your system in terminal:

Code: Select all

apt sync
Now, to be complete sure, post back the result of these commands:

Code: Select all

apt -f install
apt search solyd | grep ^i
The first command tries to fix any package that is broken. This should result in 0 packages fixed.
The second command lists all solydxk packages that are now installed on your system.


SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

User avatar
EliaSXK91
Posts: 21
Joined: 06 May 2019 12:01

Re: Few months old TECHnical PROBLEM!..

Postby EliaSXK91 » 08 May 2019 18:48

Arjen Balfoort wrote:
08 May 2019 18:31
Just update your system in terminal:

Code: Select all

apt sync
Now, to be complete sure, post back the result of these commands:

Code: Select all

apt -f install
apt search solyd | grep ^i
The first command tries to fix any package that is broken. This should result in 0 packages fixed.
The second command lists all solydxk packages that are now installed on your system.
All right then!.. :clap:

I decided to do the next move myself via the classic easy-Synaptic-way...
+it got upgraded into next Solyd edition after months!.. :D

Hurraaah!.. :clap:

Thank you Solyd founder Arjen for all you did
+i'll try to do the same myself now at a second unit!..
If i encounter any problems,
i'll get back to you here!.. :)

God bless you
for "Christ Is Risen my delight"!..
:D

PS. I just have a double seen lower bar issue now (within the bar)..,
but i guess this has to do with my graphic environment settings(?)...
I'll check it out
+if i bump into dead-end, i shall get back to you here(?)!.. ;)

PS2. Here's the terminal output,
after i received your message with the last commands: :clap:

Code: Select all

elias@solydxk ~ $ apt sync
[sudo] password for elias: 
Hit:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch-updates InRelease
Hit:2 http://security.debian.org stretch/updates InRelease                  
Αγνόησε:3 http://ftp.debian.org/debian stretch InRelease                    
Αγνόησε:4 http://dl.google.com/linux/earth/deb stable InRelease             
Hit:5 http://ftp.debian.org/debian stretch-backports InRelease         
Hit:6 http://dl.google.com/linux/earth/deb stable Release              
Hit:7 http://ftp.debian.org/debian stretch Release                          
Hit:8 https://repository.solydxk.com solydxk-9 InRelease                    
Hit:9 http://linux.teamviewer.com/deb stable InRelease                      
Ανάγνωση Λιστών Πακέτων... Ολοκληρώθηκε                                
Ανάγνωση Λιστών Πακέτων... Ολοκληρώθηκε
Κατασκευή Δένδρου Εξαρτήσεων                  
Ανάγνωση περιγραφής της τρέχουσας κατάσταση... Ολοκληρώθηκε
Υπολογισμός της αναβάθμισης... Ολοκληρώθηκε
Τα ακόλουθα πακέτα εγκαταστάθηκαν αυτόματα και δεν χρειάζονται πλέον:
  ayatana-indicator-application ayatana-indicator-common baloo
  linux-compiler-gcc-4.9-x86 linux-headers-4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64
  linux-headers-4.9.0-0.bpo.3-common linux-headers-4.9.0-4-amd64
  linux-headers-4.9.0-4-common linux-headers-4.9.0-5-amd64
  linux-headers-4.9.0-5-common linux-headers-4.9.0-6-amd64
  linux-headers-4.9.0-6-common linux-headers-4.9.0-7-amd64
  linux-headers-4.9.0-7-common linux-image-4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64
  linux-image-4.9.0-4-amd64 linux-image-4.9.0-5-amd64
  linux-image-4.9.0-6-amd64 linux-image-4.9.0-7-amd64
Χρησιμοποιήστε 'sudo apt autoremove' για να τα διαγράψετε.
Τα ακόλουθα πακέτα θα μείνουν ως έχουν:
  remmina-common remmina-plugin-rdp remmina-plugin-secret
  remmina-plugin-vnc
0 αναβαθμίστηκαν, 0 νέο εγκατεστημένα, 0 θα αφαιρεθούν και 4 δεν αναβαθμίζονται.
elias@solydxk ~ $ apt -f install
Ανάγνωση Λιστών Πακέτων... Ολοκληρώθηκε
Κατασκευή Δένδρου Εξαρτήσεων                  
Ανάγνωση περιγραφής της τρέχουσας κατάσταση... Ολοκληρώθηκε
Τα ακόλουθα πακέτα εγκαταστάθηκαν αυτόματα και δεν χρειάζονται πλέον:
  ayatana-indicator-application ayatana-indicator-common baloo
  linux-compiler-gcc-4.9-x86 linux-headers-4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64
  linux-headers-4.9.0-0.bpo.3-common linux-headers-4.9.0-4-amd64
  linux-headers-4.9.0-4-common linux-headers-4.9.0-5-amd64
  linux-headers-4.9.0-5-common linux-headers-4.9.0-6-amd64
  linux-headers-4.9.0-6-common linux-headers-4.9.0-7-amd64
  linux-headers-4.9.0-7-common linux-image-4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64
  linux-image-4.9.0-4-amd64 linux-image-4.9.0-5-amd64
  linux-image-4.9.0-6-amd64 linux-image-4.9.0-7-amd64
Χρησιμοποιήστε 'sudo apt autoremove' για να τα διαγράψετε.
0 αναβαθμίστηκαν, 0 νέο εγκατεστημένα, 0 θα αφαιρεθούν και 6 δεν αναβαθμίζονται.
elias@solydxk ~ $ apt search solyd | grep ^i
i  firefox-solydxk-adjustments - Firefox adjustments for SolydXK
i  solydk-system-adjustments-9 - Adjustments specific to SolydK (version 9, stretch).
i  solydxk-flashplugin - Adobe Flash plugin 64-bit for Firefox.
i  solydxk-keyring - GnuPG key of the SolydXK repository
i  solydxk-system - SolydXK System Base Package
i  solydxk-welcome - Welcome screen for SolydXK
i  thunderbird-solydxk-adjustments - Thunderbird adjustments for SolydXK
elias@solydxk ~ $ 
:clap:

PS3. Is it better to update the system in general via Synaptic, or Discover?..
I prefer Discover basically (for automations, bar notifications included, much better graphic environment+such...)
+when it gets stuck (for some reason...),
i go to Synaptic...

Or shall i just get hold with some few, but very basic command lines+use them in the "black-hole"/terminal?!.. :?: :|

Looking forward to your Master opinion/input, mate!.. ;)
EliaSXK91,
speaking!..

User avatar
Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin
Posts: 9071
Joined: 26 Jan 2013 19:36
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: solydxk-system upgrade problem

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 09 May 2019 06:40

Congratulations and well done!

The only thing that is left to do is to cleanup things you don't need anymore:

Code: Select all

apt autoremove
If you have other issues, you need to create a new topic for that. Do not use this topic for anything else than the subject stated in the OP (Opening Post).

You may choose any means to update your system, whichever has your preference but remember there are cases that you will need to get back to terminal. A general rule is: update your system the way you like, GUI or terminal, but in case of trouble or system upgrade (like the upcoming stretch to buster transition) you will need the terminal.

I've been so free to change the subject of your OP. This way visitors will understand what this topic is about.


SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

User avatar
EliaSXK91
Posts: 21
Joined: 06 May 2019 12:01

Re: solydxk-system upgrade problem

Postby EliaSXK91 » 09 May 2019 19:24

Arjen Balfoort wrote:
09 May 2019 06:40
Congratulations and well done!

The only thing that is left to do is to cleanup things you don't need anymore:

Code: Select all

apt autoremove
If you have other issues, you need to create a new topic for that. Do not use this topic for anything else than the subject stated in the OP (Opening Post).

You may choose any means to update your system, whichever has your preference but remember there are cases that you will need to get back to terminal. A general rule is: update your system the way you like, GUI or terminal, but in case of trouble or system upgrade (like the upcoming stretch to buster transition) you will need the terminal.

I've been so free to change the subject of your OP. This way visitors will understand what this topic is about.
Thank you+well done to you too!.. :clap:

I did apt autoremove

Code: Select all

elias@solydxk ~ $ apt autoremove
Ανάγνωση Λιστών Πακέτων... Ολοκληρώθηκε
Κατασκευή Δένδρου Εξαρτήσεων                  
Ανάγνωση περιγραφής της τρέχουσας κατάσταση... Ολοκληρώθηκε
0 αναβαθμίστηκαν, 0 νέο εγκατεστημένα, 0 θα αφαιρεθούν και 6 δεν αναβαθμίζονται.
elias@solydxk ~ $ 
+i guess now i'm typicaly "jet-set"!..

I've worked a little around the new status
+i must say it's a nice+smooth new PC-jewel!..
My thanks+congrats to all web-developers as well!..

I have already tried to update another system
(with almost the same problem...)
but due to hastiness i think i did nothing!..
I'll try again taking my time in this round,
but if i bump into a wall again,
i shall get back to asking the solution terminal-steps here, at this OP!..

+of course you can+should do about "the subject"+any similar subject,
as you know better about any technicalities you consider appropriate for most users,
if not for everybody!..

As for other issues that i have,
i shall look around for something that covers me
+if i don't, i'll open a new topic/OP at the relevant category!..

All right about the updating means, i'll keep this in mind,
although i'm definitely more a GUI than CUI type!.. :D
+i guess we're going to have a proper announcement/OP here at the forum ASAP
+the needed steps to Buster.10 edition too!..

See ya then!.. ;)
EliaSXK91,
speaking!..


Return to “Software”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests