SolydX packages

SolydXK is too quiet for you? SolydXK Enthusiast Editions, based on Debian Testing is for you! Here you can find news about Debian Testing and Unstable too, and also tests on SolydXK programs.
The support for SolydXK EE is provided by the community.
ilu

SolydX packages

Postby ilu » 23 Jun 2019 20:28

I replicated what was done here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=7550#p70389 on my test SolydX VM (May ISO):

Code: Select all

apt purge mariadb-common
- 222 MB. This also removed simple-scan so:

apt install simple-scan sane-utils
+ 21 MB. (skanlite was for the SolydK image, right? It pulls lots of KDE stuff.)

apt install colord printer-driver-hpcups printer-driver-hpijs libhpmud0
+ 6 MB (You probably know what libhpmud0 is for - I don't have hp)

Then I ran deborphan --guess-all (which is probably a bit radical) and looked at some of the packages that came up. I checked with apt-rdepends, which is a very useful tool - it just doesn't work the way you expect it to (that would be apt-rdepends -r).

apt-rdepends -r --state-follow=Installed --state-show=Installed <package>
This is my first try at deborphan so please excuse if I bring up something stupid.

libopencv-core3.2 libopencv-imgproc3.2 libopencv-flann3.2 libopencv-ml3.2 libopencv-photo3.2 libopencv-shape3.2 libopencv-video3.2
remnants of opencv which I can't figure out any need for

evolution-data-server-common libgnomecanvas2-common software-properties-common 
probably remnants of whatever we don't use anymore?

libtesseract4
we don't have any OCR installed

libkmlbase1 libkmlconvenience1 libkmldom1 libkmlengine1 libkmlregionator1 libkmlxsd1
not used anywhere as far as I can see

gdal-data libspatialite7
geodata stuff? Maybe used in the installer?

dnet-common
nice but doesn't do much without libdnet and dnet-progs

There's a lot more but that's enough for now. deborphan also reports a lot of python libraries. You'll probably know more about them.

I also did a dpkg -l *-dev* |grep ^ii and sorted the results into groups. Do we really need all those?

ii  dpkg-dev                    1.19.6          all          Debian package development tools
ii  libc-dev-bin                2.28-10         amd64        GNU C Library: Development binaries
ii  libc6-dev:amd64             2.28-10         amd64        GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Header Files
ii  libgcc-8-dev:amd64          8.3.0-6         amd64        GCC support library (development files)
ii  libstdc++-8-dev:amd64       8.3.0-6         amd64        GNU Standard C++ Library v3 (development files)
ii  linux-libc-dev:amd64        4.19.37-3       amd64        Linux support headers for userspace development
Virtualbox, so yes.

ii  zlib1g-dev:amd64            1:1.2.11.dfsg-1 amd64        compression library - development                  
Hardinfo, so yes.

ii  gcc-7
ii  libgcc-7-dev:amd64          7.4.0-6         amd64        GCC support library (development files)
Might be important but couldn't find anything.

ii  manpages-dev                4.16-2          all          Manual pages about using GNU/Linux for development
Don't think so.

ii  libdbus-1-dev:amd64         1.12.14-1       amd64        simple interprocess messaging system (development headers)
ii  python-dbus-dev             1.2.8-3         all          main loop integration development files for python-dbus
Don't think so.

ii  libasprintf-dev:amd64       0.19.8.1-9      amd64        GNU Internationalization library development files
ii  libgettextpo-dev:amd64      0.19.8.1-9      amd64        GNU Internationalization library development files
Probably not?

ii  libice-dev:amd64            2:1.0.9-2       amd64        X11 Inter-Client Exchange library (development headers)
ii  libpthread-stubs0-dev:amd64 0.4-1           amd64        pthread stubs not provided by native libc, development files
ii  libsm-dev:amd64             2:1.2.3-1       amd64        X11 Session Management library (development headers)
ii  libx11-dev:amd64            2:1.6.7-1       amd64        X11 client-side library (development headers)
ii  libxau-dev:amd64            1:1.0.8-1+b2    amd64        X11 authorisation library (development headers)
ii  libxcb1-dev:amd64           1.13.1-2        amd64        X C Binding, development files
ii  libxdmcp-dev:amd64          1:1.1.2-3       amd64        X11 authorisation library (development headers)
ii  libxt-dev:amd64             1:1.1.5-1+b3    amd64        X11 toolkit intrinsics library (development headers)
ii  x11proto-core-dev           2018.4-4        all          transitional dummy package
ii  x11proto-dev                2018.4-4        all          X11 extension protocols and auxiliary headers
ii  x11proto-input-dev          2018.4-4        all          transitional dummy package
ii  x11proto-kb-dev             2018.4-4        all          transitional dummy package
ii  xtrans-dev                  1.3.5-1         all          X transport library (development files)
Probably not?

And while I'm at it: Since we can hopefully purge so much, please include mc and mcdata! (I know I've asked many times already.)

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: SolydX packages

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 23 Jun 2019 21:04

That must have been a lot of work! 8-)

And the linux-headers?

mc is part of EE, not the official ISOs. :D

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

kurotsugi

Postby kurotsugi » 23 Jun 2019 23:25

for a basic cleaning you can do "apt-get autoremove" it make us easier to sort the list. deborphan is highly aggressive so unless you really understand the function of the packages, it's better to leave it. aside from geodata stuffs, down until dnet, IIRC those packages listed are safe to remove. yes, they were remnants of something, including those from linuxmint days. the other packages are necessary for basic package management other stuffs.

I think we already discussed it, that was when Z is still here. at that time we decided to leave it since we were proponent of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". though, a lil bit cleaning should do no harm

edit : some packages are held by libs. you can create a list of manually installed packages then change unwanted packages and libs as "automatic". apt-get autoremove should do a better job. also, instead of guess all, you can limit deborphan to only check libs and/or other stuffs. it should be safer to remove packages with limited result

ilu

Postby ilu » 24 Jun 2019 02:15

autoremove does absolutely nothing, of course I checked that first, I'm not stupid. I guess Arjen did that before building the ISO.
a list of manually installed packages then change ...
apt-mark showmanual lists almost everything, only 3 packages are automatic. All other commands read either apt or dpkg history which, on a newly installed VM, are both empty. And how should I know which are "unwanted packages and libs"? That's what I tried to find out by checking dependencies.

Header files are probably not necessary - dkms doesn't need them - but deborphan did not list them. There's still a lot of stuff I did not check.

kurotsugi

Postby kurotsugi » 24 Jun 2019 03:51

autoremove does absolutely nothing, of course I checked that first, I'm not stupid. I guess Arjen did that before building the ISO.
that's the "edit" part for :3

as a start, you can change the flag for the libs to automatic. by then autoremove will try to remove one or two things. after that you can use deborphan limited to libs to do deeper clean up. you can repeat the command several times until all cleaned up. at this point you can ignore anything else in the list unless you specifically know the function of those packages.

ilu

Postby ilu » 24 Jun 2019 03:57

apt purge mariadb-common
apt install simple-scan sane-utils
apt install colord printer-driver-hpcups printer-driver-hpijs libhpmud0
- 195 MB

apt purge libopencv-core3.2 libopencv-imgproc3.2 libopencv-flann3.2 libopencv-ml3.2 libopencv-photo3.2 libopencv-shape3.2 libopencv-video3.2
apt purge evolution-data-server-common libgnomecanvas2-common software-properties-common libtesseract4
apt purge libkmlbase1 libkmlconvenience1 libkmldom1 libkmlengine1 libkmlregionator1 libkmlxsd1
apt purge gdal-data libspatialite7 dnet-common manpages-dev 
apt purge libdbus-1-dev:amd64 python-dbus-dev
apt purge libasprintf-dev libgettextpo-dev
apt purge libice-dev libpthread-stubs0-dev libsm-dev libx11-dev libxau-dev libxcb1-dev libxdmcp-dev libxt-dev x11proto-core-dev  x11proto-dev x11proto-input-dev x11proto-kb-dev xtrans-dev
-51 MB

After everything I did so far there are only libs and python libs left in deborphans output.

Arjen, what tool are you using in Solydxk-system? It suggests to remove the following which I did:

apt purge libarmadillo9  libasprintf0v5  libdapclient6v5  libdapserver7v5  libepsilon1  libfreexl1  libfyba0   libgdcm2.8  libgeos-c1v5  libgeotiff2  libgettextpo0  libgl2ps1.4  libhdf4-0-alt  libhdf5-openmpi-103  liblept5  libminizip1  libnetcdf-c++4  libodbc1  libogdi3.2  libqhull7  libtbb2  liburiparser1  libxerces-c3.2 
-29 MB

Let's see whether everything still works :)

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 24 Jun 2019 05:52

After all that cleaning it did not matter for the ISOs: more or less the same size.
I didn't test them yet, perhaps later today.

SolydXK needs you!

ilu

Postby ilu » 24 Jun 2019 06:17

hm, that's bad. Deborphan shows another
- 15 MB of java-related libraries
- 3 MB of perl-related libraries
- 27 MB misc libraries
- 49 MB of python libraries
- 31 MB of python3 libraries

apt purge libapache-poi-java libflute-java libfonts-java libformula-java librepository-java libsac-java libserializer-java libxml-java
apt purge libapparmor-perl libarchive-extract-perl libclass-isa-perl libcrypt-passwdmd5-perl libcurses-ui-perl libfile-copy-recursive-perl liblexical-sealrequirehints-perl libmodule-build-perl libmodule-pluggable-perl libpackage-constants-perl libpod-latex-perl libregexp-common-perl libswitch-perl libterm-ui-perl libtext-soundex-perl libuuid-perl
apt purge libdap25 libarpack2 libcharls2 libgeos-3.7.1 libjpeg-turbo-progs libnetcdf13 libopenmpi3 libproj13 libsocket++1 libsuperlu5 libx11-doc
apt purge python-cddb python-configobj python-cups python-debianbts python-defer python-fpconst python-glade2 python-libxml2 python-mutagen python-notify python-parted python-pexpect python-qt4 python-reportlab python-smbc python-soappy python-wxgtk3.0
apt purge python3-defer python3-geoip python3-maxminddb python3-parted python3-pyinotify python3-pyqt4 python3-reportlab python3-slip-dbus python3-software-properties python3-uflash
The python stuff could maybe be worth looking into ... If you don't recognize anything (you use glade2 and wxgtk for development but that doesn't mean they should be deployed, right?) I will play around a bit and then purge everything to see what happens.

First thing that happens is: every round of deborphan cleaning starts a new round ... huh. Well I haven't done this before, I'm surprised.

deborphan without parameters 2.-4. round -73 MB, next 5 6 7 ... rounds with deborphan --guess-all again -59 MB.

apt purge libfabric1 libglade2-0 libhdf5-103 libmaxminddb0 libpmix2 libqt4-declarative libqt4-designer libqt4-help libqt4-scripttools libqt4-svg libqt4-test libqtassistantclient4 libturbojpeg0 libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-0v5 proj-data:all
apt purge libevent-pthreads-2.1-6 libpsm-infinipath1 libpsm2-2 libqt4-script libqt4-sql libqt4-xmlpatterns librdmacm1 libsz2 libwxbase3.0-0v5
apt purge libaec0 libevent-core-2.1-6 libibverbs1 libqt4-network

apt purge libcommons-collections4-java libcommons-math3-java libcurvesapi-java libjaxb-java libloader-java libxmlbeans-java
apt purge libcurses-perl liblog-message-simple-perl libmodule-load-conditional-perl libmodule-signature-perl libpod-readme-perl libsoftware-license-perl libterm-readkey-perl
apt purge python-defusedxml python-gtk2 python-ptyprocess python-pysimplesoap python-renderpm python-reportlab-accel python-sip python-wstools python-wxversion
apt purge python3-decorator python3-nudatus python3-pil python3-pycurl python3-renderpm python3-reportlab-accel python3-sip python3-slip

apt purge libcpan-changes-perl libdata-section-perl libfile-slurp-perl libgetopt-long-descriptive-perl liblog-message-perl libmoox-handlesvia-perl libnamespace-autoclean-perl libpod-markdown-perl libtype-tiny-perl
apt purge libdtd-parser-java libehcache-java libfastinfoset-java libjcommon-java libpixie-java libsaxonhe-java libtxw2-java
apt purge python-enum34 python-httplib2 python-numpy python-pycurl python3-selinux

apt purge libbase-java libcommons-collections3-java libicu4j-java libintellij-annotations-java librngom-java libstreambuffer-java libxsom-java
apt purge libdata-perl-perl libdevel-lexalias-perl libmoo-perl libmro-compat-perl libnamespace-clean-perl libparams-validate-perl libsub-exporter-perl libtype-tiny-xs-perl

apt purge libb-hooks-endofscope-perl libclass-c3-perl libclass-xsaccessor-perl libdata-optlist-perl libdevel-caller-perl libdevel-globaldestruction-perl libimport-into-perl libpackage-stash-perl librole-tiny-perl libstrictures-perl libsub-identify-perl libsub-quote-perl
apt purge libjetbrains-annotations-java libstax-ex-java libjaxb-api-java

apt purge libalgorithm-c3-perl libbareword-filehandles-perl libclass-c3-xs-perl libclass-method-modifiers-perl libindirect-perl libmodule-implementation-perl libmultidimensional-perl libpackage-stash-xs-perl libpadwalker-perl libparams-util-perl libsub-exporter-progressive-perl libsub-install-perl libvariable-magic-perl libb-hooks-op-check-perl libdevel-callchecker-perl libdynaloader-functions-perl libmodule-runtime-perl libparams-classify-perl
All this together gains another 257 MB but its not just the space - less packages is better for overall system maintenance and security.
Arjen, would it be possible to upload a test image with all these changes - even if they don't reduce size? I would then do a new install on metal.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 24 Jun 2019 10:07

I had to leave some of those libs, especially the qt4 libs. On SolydK that would not only remove the Live Installer, but also kde-runtime and I think we need that ;)

I'm building the ISOs now and I'll upload them if they are bootable. I'll let you know when I'm done.

SolydXK needs you!

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 24 Jun 2019 16:53

I had some totally unrelated Grub issues (copy paste without using brains :roll: ), but you can finally download the spring cleaned ISOs here: https://downloads.solydxk.com/nightly/

SolydXK needs you!

ilu

Postby ilu » 24 Jun 2019 17:09

Uh I did not consider SolydK in any way - can you please list the packages that have to remain so that I don't kick them out the next time?

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 24 Jun 2019 18:56

Sorry, no list saved, I just created a for loop with all packages so that each package could be checked one-by-one.

SolydXK needs you!

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 03 Aug 2019 14:10

Before I forget it, here is a list of packages that I have to leave in the ISOs:

# SolydK

libminizip1
libodbc1
python3-software-properties
python3-pycurl
libxerces-c3.2

# live-installer-3

python3-pyqt4
libqt4-declarative
libqt4-designer
libqt4-help
libqt4-scripttools
libqt4-svg
libqt4-test
libqt4-script
libqt4-sql
libqt4-xmlpatterns
libqt4-network
python3-geoip
python3-maxminddb
python3-parted
libmaxminddb0
python3-pil
libqtassistantclient4
python3-sip

SolydXK needs you!

ilu

Postby ilu » 04 Aug 2019 02:03

I worked through grizzlers comparison list. There's not a lot of removals I don't agree with. I did not check the lib section and the python lib section because they are only necessary as dependencies - as long as nothing complains ...

To be included again - not much really :

e2fsprogs-l10n fonts-liberation2 mc multiarch-support 
network-manager-openvpn network-manager-openvpn-gnome openvpn
keepassxc 
ntp sntp? opensc opensc-pkcs11 
thunar-archive-plugin thunar-media-tags-plugin xfce4-places-plugin
- With a "pretty please" for mc :lol:
- multiarch-support is needed for wine to work.
- I vote for keepassxc instead of keepassx.
- A JRE probably should be included but I'm not sure about the version. 10 is standard but most apps still need 8. So that's an argument for none. Hm, maybe none is better.

To further be removed:

binutils-x86-64-linux-gnu? ebtables? ccp7? gcc7? 
libatlas3 liblsan0 libtsan0 libipset11 libjs-modernizr
lxmenu-data libfm* libmenu 
libruby2 ruby* rake ssphinx*
I don't know about:

arch-test geoip-database ipset ebtables
Attachments
result-10x32-10x64.txt
(29.81 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

ilu

Postby ilu » 04 Aug 2019 02:23

Onto the second list and see what's that about. Just by looking at it I'm sure there are a lot of removal candidates there. It seems like SolydXK has been originally configured as a development machine. :lol:

Apache libs

ant-contrib libgeronimo-annotation-1.3-spec-java libgeronimo-interceptor-3.0-spec-java
libcommons-cli-java libcommons-compress-java libcommons-io-java libcommons-lang3-java
libayatana remnants

libappindicator3-1
misc java libs

libaopalliance-java libargs4j-java libasm-java libatinject-jsr330-api-java libcdi-api-java 
libcglib-java libcodemodel-java libhawtjni-runtime-java libhttpclient-java libhttpcore-java 
libistack-commons-java libjansi-java libjansi-native-java 
libjsoup-java libjsr305-java libslf4j-java libsnappy-java libsnappy-jni
misc perl libs

libcapture-tiny-perl libfuture-perl libio-async-perl libasync-mergepoint-perl libpath-tiny-perl 
libstruct-dumb-perl libtest-fatal-perl libtest-refcount-perl libunicode-utf8-perl libyaml-libyaml-perl
libsereal-decoder-perl libsereal-encoder-perl libsereal-perl
hwloc libs

libhwloc5 libhwloc-plugins
Maven

libmaven-file-management-java libmaven-parent-java libmaven-resolver-java libmaven-shared-io-java 
libmaven-shared-utils-java libmaven3-core-java
libwagon-http-java libwagon-provider-api-java
Plexus compiler and Google Guice for Sisu-IoC

libplexus-archiver-java libplexus-cipher-java libplexus-classworlds-java libplexus-component-annotations-java 
libplexus-interpolation-java libplexus-io-java libplexus-sec-dispatcher-java libplexus-utils2-java
libsisu-guice-java libsisu-inject-java libsisu-ioc-java libsisu-plexus-java libguava-java libguice-java

odbcinst odbcinst1debian2 pkg-config              
I purged everything on this list and, as expected, apt did not complain.

ilu

Postby ilu » 04 Aug 2019 14:29

I ran debophan --guess-all again and it came up with these packages. I purged them without complains.

firmware-ath9k-htc-dbgsym libarchive-zip-perl libclone-perl libipc-run-perl liblist-moreutils-perl libperlio-gzip-perl libtext-levenshtein-perl libtext-template-perl libemail-valid-perl libexporter-tiny-perl libio-pty-perl libnet-dns-perl libnet-domain-tld-perl libcommons-codec-java
gnome-mime-data hplip-data xfce-keyboard-shortcuts also came up but have to stay.

ilu

Postby ilu » 04 Aug 2019 14:37

Out of curiosity I checked for installed perl and java components. That's a lot of java for a system without a java runtime.

dpkg -l *java |grep ^ii
ii  ca-certificates-java            20190405         all          Common CA certificates (JKS keystore)
ii  libactivation-java              1.2.0-2          all          JavaBeans Activation Framework
ii  libapache-pom-java              18-1             all          Maven metadata for all Apache Software projects
ii  libatk-wrapper-java             0.33.3-22        all          ATK implementation for Java using JNI
ii  libbsh-java                     2.0b4-19         all          Java scripting environment (BeanShell) Version 2 (library)
ii  libcommons-logging-java         1.2-2            all          common wrapper interface for several logging APIs
ii  libcommons-parent-java          43-1             all          Maven metadata for Apache Commons project
ii  libdom4j-java                   2.1.1-2          all          Flexible XML framework for Java
ii  libel-api-java                  3.0.0-2          all          Expression Language API
ii  libhsqldb1.8.0-java             1.8.0.10+dfsg-10 all          Java SQL database engine
ii  libisorelax-java                20041111-12      all          Interface for applications to support RELAX Core
ii  libjaxen-java                   1.1.6-4          all          Java XPath engine
ii  libjdom1-java                   1.1.3-2          all          lightweight and fast library using XML
ii  libjsp-api-java                 2.3.4-2          all          JavaServer Pages API
ii  liblog4j1.2-java                1.2.17-8         all          Logging library for java
ii  libmail-java                    1.6.2-1          all          JavaMail API Reference Implementation
ii  libmsv-java                     2009.1+dfsg1-6   all          Sun multi-schema XML validator
ii  libopenjfx-java                 11.0.2+1-1       all          JavaFX/OpenJFX - Rich client application platform for Java (Java libraries)
ii  librelaxng-datatype-java        1.0+ds1-3        all          Java datatype interface for RELAX NG
ii  libservlet-api-java             4.0.1-2          all          Java Servlet API
ii  libservlet3.1-java              1:4.0.1-2        all          Java Servlet API 3.1 (transitional package)
ii  libwebsocket-api-java           1.1-1            all          Java WebSocket API
ii  libxerces2-java                 2.12.0-1         all          Validating XML parser for Java with DOM level 3 support
ii  libxml-commons-external-java    1.4.01-3         all          XML Commons external code - DOM, SAX, and JAXP, etc
ii  libxml-commons-resolver1.1-java 1.2-9            all          XML entity and URI resolver library
ii  libxom-java                     1.2.10-1         all          New XML object model for Java
ii  libxpp2-java                    2.1.10-8         all          XML pull parser library for java V2
ii  libxpp3-java                    1.1.4c-3         all          XML pull parser library for java
ii  libxz-java                      1.8-2            all          Java library with a complete implementation of XZ data compression

dpkg -l *perl |grep ^ii
ii  libalgorithm-diff-perl           1.19.03-2      all          module to find differences between files
ii  libalgorithm-diff-xs-perl        0.04-5+b1      amd64        module to find differences between files (XS accelerated)
ii  libalgorithm-merge-perl          0.08-3         all          Perl module for three-way merge of textual data
ii  libapt-pkg-perl                  0.1.34+b1      amd64        Perl interface to libapt-pkg
ii  libauthen-sasl-perl              2.1600-1       all          Authen::SASL - SASL Authentication framework
ii  libcairo-perl                    1.106-3+b1     amd64        Perl interface to the Cairo graphics library
ii  libcgi-fast-perl                 1:2.13-1       all          CGI subclass for work with FCGI
ii  libcgi-pm-perl                   4.40-1         all          module for Common Gateway Interface applications
ii  libclass-accessor-perl           0.51-1         all          Perl module that automatically generates accessors
ii  libcommon-sense-perl             3.74-2+b7      amd64        module that implements some sane defaults for Perl programs
ii  libdigest-hmac-perl              1.03+dfsg-2    all          module for creating standard message integrity checks
ii  libdpkg-perl                     1.19.7         all          Dpkg perl modules
ii  libencode-locale-perl            1.05-1         all          utility to determine the locale encoding
ii  libexporter-tiny-perl            1.002001-1     all          tiny exporter similar to Sub::Exporter
ii  libfcgi-perl                     0.78-2+b3      amd64        helper module for FastCGI
ii  libfile-basedir-perl             0.08-1         all          Perl module to use the freedesktop basedir specification
ii  libfile-desktopentry-perl        0.22-1         all          Perl module to handle freedesktop .desktop files
ii  libfile-fcntllock-perl           0.22-3+b5      amd64        Perl module for file locking with fcntl(2)
ii  libfile-listing-perl             6.04-1         all          module to parse directory listings
ii  libfile-mimeinfo-perl            0.29-1         all          Perl module to determine file types
ii  libfont-afm-perl                 1.20-2         all          Font::AFM - Interface to Adobe Font Metrics files
ii  libglib-perl                     3:1.329-1      amd64        interface to the GLib and GObject libraries
ii  libgtk2-perl                     2:1.24992-1+b2 amd64        Perl interface to the 2.x series of the Gimp Toolkit library
ii  libhtml-form-perl                6.03-1         all          module that represents an HTML form element
ii  libhtml-format-perl              2.12-1         all          module for transforming HTML into various formats
ii  libhtml-parser-perl              3.72-3+b3      amd64        collection of modules that parse HTML text documents
ii  libhtml-tagset-perl              3.20-3         all          Data tables pertaining to HTML
ii  libhtml-template-perl            2.97-1         all          module for using HTML templates with Perl
ii  libhtml-tree-perl                5.07-2         all          Perl module to represent and create HTML syntax trees
ii  libhttp-cookies-perl             6.04-1         all          HTTP cookie jars
ii  libhttp-daemon-perl              6.01-3         all          simple http server class
ii  libhttp-date-perl                6.02-1         all          module of date conversion routines
ii  libhttp-message-perl             6.18-1         all          perl interface to HTTP style messages
ii  libhttp-negotiate-perl           6.01-1         all          implementation of content negotiation
ii  libintl-perl                     1.26-2         all          Uniforum message translations system compatible i18n library
ii  libintl-xs-perl                  1.26-2+b4      amd64        Uniforum message translations system compatible i18n library
ii  libio-html-perl                  1.001-1        all          open an HTML file with automatic charset detection
ii  libio-pty-perl                   1:1.08-1.1+b5  amd64        Perl module for pseudo tty IO
ii  libio-socket-inet6-perl          2.72-2         all          object interface for AF_INET6 domain sockets
ii  libio-socket-ip-perl             0.39-1         all          module for using IPv4 and IPv6 sockets in a protocol-independent way
ii  libio-socket-ssl-perl            2.060-3        all          Perl module implementing object oriented interface to SSL sockets
ii  libio-string-perl                1.08-3         all          Emulate IO::File interface for in-core strings
ii  libio-stringy-perl               2.111-3        all          modules for I/O on in-core objects (strings/arrays)
ii  libipc-system-simple-perl        1.25-4         all          Perl module to run commands simply, with detailed diagnostics
ii  libjson-perl                     4.02000-1      all          module for manipulating JSON-formatted data
ii  libjson-xs-perl                  3.040-1+b1     amd64        module for manipulating JSON-formatted data (C/XS-accelerated)
ii  liblocale-gettext-perl           1.07-3+b4      amd64        module using libc functions for internationalization in Perl
ii  liblwp-mediatypes-perl           6.02-1         all          module to guess media type for a file or a URL
ii  liblwp-protocol-https-perl       6.07-2         all          HTTPS driver for LWP::UserAgent
ii  libmailtools-perl                2.18-1         all          Manipulate email in perl programs
ii  libnet-dbus-perl                 1.1.0-5+b1     amd64        Perl extension for the DBus bindings
ii  libnet-dns-perl                  1.19-1         all          Perform DNS queries from a Perl script
ii  libnet-domain-tld-perl           1.75-1         all          list of currently available Top-level Domains (TLDs)
ii  libnet-http-perl                 6.18-1         all          module providing low-level HTTP connection client
ii  libnet-ip-perl                   1.26-2         all          Perl extension for manipulating IPv4/IPv6 addresses
ii  libnet-smtp-ssl-perl             1.04-1         all          Perl module providing SSL support to Net::SMTP
ii  libnet-ssleay-perl               1.85-2+b1      amd64        Perl module for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
ii  libpango-perl                    1.227-3+b1     amd64        Perl module to layout and render international text
ii  libparse-debianchangelog-perl    1.2.0-13       all          parse Debian changelogs and output them in other formats
ii  libperl4-corelibs-perl           0.004-1        all          libraries historically supplied with Perl 4
ii  libsocket-perl                   2.029-1        amd64        networking constants and support functions
ii  libsocket6-perl                  0.29-1+b1      amd64        Perl extensions for IPv6
ii  libsub-name-perl                 0.21-1+b3      amd64        module for assigning a new name to referenced sub
ii  libtext-charwidth-perl           0.04-7.1+b1    amd64        get display widths of characters on the terminal
ii  libtext-csv-perl                 1.99-1         all          comma-separated values manipulator (using XS or PurePerl)
ii  libtext-csv-xs-perl              1.38-1         amd64        Perl C/XS module to process Comma-Separated Value files
ii  libtext-iconv-perl               1.7-5+b7       amd64        converts between character sets in Perl
ii  libtext-unidecode-perl           1.30-1         all          US-ASCII transliterations of Unicode text
ii  libtext-wrapi18n-perl            0.06-7.1       all          internationalized substitute of Text::Wrap
ii  libtie-ixhash-perl               1.23-2         all          Perl module to order associative arrays
ii  libtimedate-perl                 2.3000-2       all          collection of modules to manipulate date/time information
ii  libtry-tiny-perl                 0.30-1         all          module providing minimalistic try/catch
ii  libtypes-serialiser-perl         1.0-1          all          module providing simple data types for common serialisation formats
ii  liburi-perl                      1.76-1         all          module to manipulate and access URI strings
ii  libwww-perl                      6.36-2         all          simple and consistent interface to the world-wide web
ii  libwww-robotrules-perl           6.02-1         all          database of robots.txt-derived permissions
ii  libx11-protocol-perl             0.56-7         all          Perl module for the X Window System Protocol, version 11
ii  libxml-libxml-perl               2.0134+dfsg-1  amd64        Perl interface to the libxml2 library
ii  libxml-namespacesupport-perl     1.12-1         all          Perl module for supporting simple generic namespaces
ii  libxml-parser-perl               2.44-4         amd64        Perl module for parsing XML files
ii  libxml-sax-base-perl             1.09-1         all          base class for SAX drivers and filters
ii  libxml-sax-expat-perl            0.51-1         all          Perl module for a SAX2 driver for Expat (XML::Parser)
ii  libxml-sax-perl                  1.00+dfsg-1    all          Perl module for using and building Perl SAX2 XML processors
ii  libxml-simple-perl               2.25-1         all          Perl module for reading and writing XML
ii  libxml-twig-perl                 1:3.50-1.1     all          Perl module for processing huge XML documents in tree mode
ii  perl                             5.28.1-6       amd64        Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
I'll see what I can find out.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 04 Aug 2019 18:55

I ran this on the ISOs and checked every purge if no packages were removed that I want to keep:

for P in $(dpkg -l *java* | grep ^ii | awk '{print $2}'); do
    apt purge $P
done

for P in $(dpkg -l *perl* | grep ^ii | awk '{print $2}'); do
    apt purge $P
done

for P in $(dpkg -l *ruby* | grep ^ii | awk '{print $2}'); do
    apt purge $P
done

for P in $(dpkg -l *-dev | grep ^ii | awk '{print $2}'); do
    apt purge $P
done

SolydXK needs you!

ilu

Postby ilu » 11 Aug 2019 19:43

I installed the latest SolydX image and set aptitude to work.

After setting APT::Install-Recommends "false"; and APT::AutoRemove::RecommendsImportant "true"; (this is important because ortherwise aptitude will flood the system with all kinds of packages to solve non-existing dependency problems ) I marked the following sections as auto: parts of database, devel, parts of doc, games, interpreters, parts of java, javascript, libdevel, libs, parts of oldlibs, perl, python. I did not check the other groups because that would have been lots of manual work.
I attached a list of marked-auto packages created with aptitude search ~M so that you can run a diff, Arjen
This resulted in apt autoremove of the following packages:

transitional packages, orphans and old versions:

e2fslibs libcomerr2 gconf-service gconf2-common libgconf-2-4 libncurses5 libtinfo5   
gnome-themes-standard gnupg2 python-gobject python-gobject-2
developer tools but not on your do-not-remove list:

autoconf automake autopoint autotools-dev gettext intltool-debian m4
python3-distutils python3-lib2to3  rename
python-docutils docutils-common docutils-doc python-bs4 python-html5lib python-lxml    
python-backports.functools-lru-cache python-pygments python-roman python-soupsieve python-webencodings 
Other not needed stuff:

ant ant-optional cowsay cowsay-off fortune-mod fortunes-min librecode0 firmware-microbit-micropython
Additionally apt wants to remove a lot of 386 libs (125 packages, 106 MB). I don't think we need all of them. @grizzler?

sudo apt autoremove -s ...
  libasound2:i386 libasyncns0:i386 libatk1.0-0:i386 libattr1:i386 libavahi-client3:i386 libavahi-common-data:i386 libavahi-common3:i386
  libblkid1:i386 libbluetooth3:i386 libcairo2:i386 libcap2:i386 libcom-err2:i386 libcomerr2:i386 libcups2:i386 libdatrie1:i386
  libdb5.3:i386 libdbus-1-3:i386 libegl-mesa0:i386 libegl1:i386 libegl1-mesa:i386 libexif12:i386 libflac8:i386 libfontconfig1:i386
  libfreetype6:i386 libfribidi0:i386 libgail-common:i386 libgail18:i386 libgbm1:i386 libgcrypt20:i386 libgd3:i386
  libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libglib2.0-0:i386 libglu1-mesa:i386 libgmp10:i386 libgnutls30:i386
  libgpg-error0:i386 libgphoto2-6:i386 libgphoto2-port12:i386 libgpm2:i386 libgraphite2-3:i386 libgsm1:i386 libgssapi-krb5-2:i386
  libgtk2.0-0:i386 libharfbuzz0b:i386 libhogweed4:i386 libice6:i386 libicu63:i386 libidn11:i386 libjack-jackd2-0:i386
  libjbig0:i386 libjpeg62-turbo:i386 libjson-c3:i386 libk5crypto3:i386 libkeyutils1:i386 libkrb5-3:i386 libkrb5support0:i386
  liblcms2-2:i386 libldap-2.4-2:i386 libltdl7:i386 liblz4-1:i386 liblzma5:i386 libmount1:i386 libmp3lame0:i386 libncurses5:i386
  libncurses6:i386 libnettle6:i386 libnuma1:i386 libogg0:i386 libopenal1:i386 libopus0:i386 liborc-0.4-0:i386 libp11-kit0:i386
  libpango-1.0-0:i386 libpangocairo-1.0-0:i386 libpangoft2-1.0-0:i386 libpangoxft-1.0-0:i386 libpcre3:i386 libpixman-1-0:i386
  libpng16-16:i386 libpulse0:i386 libsamplerate0:i386 libsasl2-2:i386 libsasl2-modules:i386 libsasl2-modules-db:i386 libselinux1:i386
  libsm6:i386 libsndfile1:i386 libsndio7.0:i386 libspeex1:i386 libspeexdsp1:i386 libssl1.1:i386 libsystemd0:i386 libtasn1-6:i386
  libthai0:i386 libtheora0:i386 libtiff5:i386 libtinfo5:i386 libudev1:i386 libusb-1.0-0:i386 libuuid1:i386 libvo-aacenc0:i386
  libvo-amrwbenc0:i386 libvorbis0a:i386 libvorbisenc2:i386 libvulkan1:i386 libwayland-client0:i386 libwayland-server0:i386 libwebp6:i386
  libwrap0:i386 libxcb-render0:i386 libxcb-shape0:i386 libxcb-shm0:i386 libxcomposite1:i386 libxcursor1:i386 libxft2:i386 libxi6:i386
  libxinerama1:i386 libxml2:i386 libxpm4:i386 libxrandr2:i386 libxrender1:i386 libxtst6:i386 libxvidcore4:i386 libzstd1:i386
Attachments
automatic.txt
(66.66 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

ilu

Postby ilu » 12 Aug 2019 05:10

Something broke on the last autoremove run regarding the 386 libs:

Trigger für glx-alternative-mesa (1.0.0) werden verarbeitet ...
update-alternatives: Warnung: Neuinstallation der Alternative /usr/lib/mesa-diverted ist erzwungen, weil Linkgruppe glx defekt ist
update-alternatives: Warnung: Erstellung von /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libEGL.so.1 wird übersprungen, weil die zugehörige Datei /usr/lib/mesa-diverted/i386-linux-gnu/libEGL.so.1 (der Link-Gruppe glx) nicht existiert
So I did another try and kept

libegl-mesa0:i386{a} libegl1:i386{a} libegl1-mesa:i386 libgbm1:i386{a} libvulkan1:i386 
  libwayland-client0:i386{a} libwayland-server0:i386{a} 
apt autoremove

libasound2:i386 libasyncns0:i386 libatk1.0-0:i386 libattr1:i386 libavahi-client3:i386
  libavahi-common-data:i386 libavahi-common3:i386 libblkid1:i386 libbluetooth3:i386 libcairo2:i386
  libcap2:i386 libcom-err2:i386 libcomerr2:i386 libcups2:i386 libdatrie1:i386 libdb5.3:i386 libdbus-1-3:i386
  libexif12:i386 libflac8:i386 libfontconfig1:i386 libfreetype6:i386 libfribidi0:i386 libgail-common:i386
  libgail18:i386 libgcrypt20:i386 libgd3:i386 libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0:i386 libglib2.0-0:i386 libgmp10:i386
  libgnutls30:i386 libgpg-error0:i386 libgphoto2-6:i386 libgphoto2-port12:i386 libgpm2:i386
  libgraphite2-3:i386 libgsm1:i386 libgssapi-krb5-2:i386 libgtk2.0-0:i386 libharfbuzz0b:i386
  libhogweed4:i386 libice6:i386 libicu63:i386 libidn11:i386 libjack-jackd2-0:i386 libjbig0:i386
  libjpeg62-turbo:i386 libjson-c3:i386 libk5crypto3:i386 libkeyutils1:i386 libkrb5-3:i386
  libkrb5support0:i386 liblcms2-2:i386 libldap-2.4-2:i386 libltdl7:i386 liblz4-1:i386 liblzma5:i386
  libmount1:i386 libmp3lame0:i386 libncurses5:i386 libncurses6:i386 libnettle6:i386 libnuma1:i386
  libogg0:i386 libopenal1:i386 libopus0:i386 liborc-0.4-0:i386 libp11-kit0:i386 libpango-1.0-0:i386
  libpangocairo-1.0-0:i386 libpangoft2-1.0-0:i386 libpangoxft-1.0-0:i386 libpcre3:i386 libpixman-1-0:i386
  libpng16-16:i386 libpulse0:i386 libsamplerate0:i386 libsasl2-2:i386 libsasl2-modules:i386
  libsasl2-modules-db:i386 libselinux1:i386 libsm6:i386 libsndfile1:i386 libsndio7.0:i386 libspeex1:i386
  libspeexdsp1:i386 libssl1.1:i386 libsystemd0:i386 libtasn1-6:i386 libthai0:i386 libtheora0:i386
  libtiff5:i386 libtinfo5:i386 libudev1:i386 libusb-1.0-0:i386 libuuid1:i386 libvo-aacenc0:i386
  libvo-amrwbenc0:i386 libvorbis0a:i386 libvorbisenc2:i386 libwebp6:i386 libwrap0:i386 libxcb-render0:i386
  libxcb-shape0:i386 libxcb-shm0:i386 libxcomposite1:i386 libxcursor1:i386 libxft2:i386 libxi6:i386
  libxinerama1:i386 libxml2:i386 libxpm4:i386 libxrandr2:i386 libxrender1:i386 libxtst6:i386
  libxvidcore4:i386 libzstd1:i386
produced no errors.

Return to “Testing Zone”