Greetings from Scotland

New to SolydXK? This is the place to say "Hello"
rossroot

Greetings from Scotland

Postby rossroot » 15 Jul 2019 19:42

Hi all,
new to the forum and new to SolydXK.......was looking for a good Debian derived OS to run on a Lenovo Ideapad 320......and I found SolydXK via distrowatch.

I have been using unix/linux since around 1999/2000 so have seen a huge step forward in the last few years. I like to experiment with things ....the worst that can happen is to need to reinstall from scratch!!!!!

I run three laptops , one debian , one fedora , and now one Solyd.

I hope to be able to offer any help to anyone new to linux and am always keen to see people take the first step.

I will try to be active as often as possible ..........

And also .....thanks again to Arjen for making it happen. I can only begin to imagine the many many hours of passion and dedication you have put into this project.
:clap:

EDIT: I should also thank the other team members too and all those in the community for their contributions. :lol:
please insert your own witty remark here.

eselma

Re: Greetings from Scotland

Postby eselma » 15 Jul 2019 23:28

Welcome to the forum, rossroot! You will find that this is a quiet forum, as this distro is mmm... Solid!
Like you, I started using Linux at 1999, but feeling as a newbie, learning something every day.
Are you using SolydX or SolydK?
Thanks in advance for your contributions.

Eduard.

mhwelsh

Postby mhwelsh » 16 Jul 2019 07:27

Welcome from sunny Aberdeenshire.(sometimes!)
You will observe from the few forum queries that it is a reliable system.

martin welsh

rossroot

Postby rossroot » 16 Jul 2019 10:14

Thanks for the welcomes!
I am currently using X , due to my expectations that KDE would overwhelm the already fragile Lenovo!

The fact that you both mention that the forum is a peaceful place is even more impressive to me.

I think I have finally found what I have been looking for in the past 20 years!!!!

Martin.....I am located in the other rainy bit........the Deep South east.🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧 Right on the border across the road from Holland.
please insert your own witty remark here.

Return to “Introduce yourself”