RAID or LVM Setup at install (Especially for BO)

Here is the place were the team and the community projects meet together. Help us to develop SolydXK projects or contribute your ideas for future releases.
Notsonoble

RAID or LVM Setup at install (Especially for BO)

Postby Notsonoble » 11 Apr 2014 14:21

I moved back to kubuntu on my home desktop for the time being, because this latest box (had to rebuild due to a dead motherboard and 10 year old hardware) finally let me have drives for a mirrored pair of drives for home. I'd uses the instructions here to move home on the last build up but after setting up raid partitions with a different livedisk (ubuntu server) solyd didn't see the partitions correctly to install onto, so I went back to the ubuntu server and "upgraded it" to kubuntu.

I really enjoyed SolydK and will continue to use/play with it in vms and suggest it for less complicated setups, but I think this is an issue that needs a little attention.

Back Office is one of the things i'd like to suggest to a local small business who's looking to migrate soon (win7). They're at a point where they need some stable storage and backup solutions for some data, and an in house scheduling/inventory system, which means more data protection. BO with proper drive management would be good for that.

Return to “Suggestions & ideas / Open Projects”