Firefox 63: Save open tabs and quit option disapperead!

Questions about software.
palimmo

Firefox 63: Save open tabs and quit option disapperead!

Postby palimmo » 28 Oct 2018 07:41

Hallo!
In the last update of FF 63 is the option "save and quit", when I close the active window containing more tabs, apparently disapperead.
I absolutely need it, since I want for the next session the tabs I had opened at the end of the last.

In about:config I have

browser.showQuitWarning;true
browser.warnOnQuit;true

But it shows now only the warning when the user attempts to quit the browser if multiple windows and tabs are open.
But no way to save them anymore!

Any idea?
Please help!
Proud user of SolydK!

Dai diamanti non nasce niente, dal letame nascono i fior. http://aquilone.wordpress.com/

xendistar

Re: Firefox 63: Save open tabs and quit option disapperead!

Postby xendistar » 28 Oct 2018 13:05

I can confirm the Save & Quit option is missing from my file menu on Firefox 63 (SolydX EE). What happens if you just simply close Firefox down by clicking the X in the top right corner of the window?? When I do that and then restart Firefox it opens with the same tab I had open previously open.

In Friefox go to Edit >> Preference under General do you have the "Restore Previous Session" ticked?

johnny

Postby johnny » 05 Dec 2018 04:42

I didn't want to open a new thread, since mine is also a problem with Firefox 63.
I am having a slightly different problem. After a distro update, in Firefox, I was unable to access any site by clicking on any of the bookmarks. The menu bar options also were not working. I opened the preferences option by using the right hand "open MENU" button. The page only displayed random letters. I tried uninstalling & then reinstalling first Firefox ESR, and then also tried installing Firefox. The behaviour was the same. I finally could access google search, and I could access sites by typing in the address in the google search bar. Even with this option, I was unable to attach any enclosures with my gmail. I tried installing Midori, but that was a sub-optimal option.
I am posting this from another distro (Rosa linux) that I have on my computer (multi-boot).
Any help/suggestions will be welcome.
Johnny

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 05 Dec 2018 07:50

Have you tried to disable all add-ons and enable them one by one to see which one is the culprit?

If nothing helps, you can rebuild your FF configuration like this:

Code: Select all

mv ~/.mozilla ~/.mozilla.bak
cp -v /etc/skel/.mozilla ~/
cp -v ~/.mozilla.bak/firefox/user.default/places.sqlite ~/.mozilla/firefox/
places.sqlite holds your bookmarks.
You can then reinstall any add-ons you are missing.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

ilu

Postby ilu » 07 Dec 2018 15:18

I think you somehow corrupted your profile, so Arjens solution would be the way to go.
As an intermediary solution to be able to access the internet you can also install chromium from the repo. It's generally a good idea to have more than one browser ready to go.

Return to “Software”