Virtual box

New to SolydXK? This is the place to start.
Please check the other subforums to see if there's a more suitable place for your question.
linuxmel

Virtual box

Postby linuxmel » 31 Jan 2019 19:21

Not able to get Solydxk to run in VM. Just goes to black screen. Other distros work okay.
Any suggestions to optimize the setup. Or components need for virtual box itself.
Thanks.

ilu

Re: Virtual box

Postby ilu » 31 Jan 2019 20:02

At least you should mention which ISO you tried to install. You don't even mention whether its X or K. I'm really getting tired about asking for more info again and again. People, we can't guess what you are trying to do!

melp57

Postby melp57 » 31 Jan 2019 21:25

ilu wrote:
31 Jan 2019 20:02
At least you should mention which ISO you tried to install. You don't even mention whether its X or K. I'm really getting tired about asking for more info again and again. People, we can't guess what you are trying to do!
Yeah, I get it. I get tired of that, also, and I should know better.
Anyway, I have sense switched to EE (X) version, and wanted to run "X" in virtualbox. I ran a distro version of sparky linux and had no problem.

Hope that at least makes it more clearer.
Thanks

ilu

Postby ilu » 01 Feb 2019 18:15

So host system is SolydXEE and guest is SolydX? I can't test that because my host is SolydX. A SolydX guest system installed witout problems. Which exact SolydX ISO did you take? Did you test the checksum after download?

Return to “Newbie Questions”